Thursday, August 30, 2007

Chomo 7 behind me.



Today was fun, but we are both so tired! We met Celia at the IHOP for breakfast in Lawton. Celia is the only daughter of Janet, Don’s older sister who died 15 years ago with lung cancer. Celia lives just outside of Lawton, so we live fairly close and know that we can always call on each other, but we both have 5 children and gobs of grandchildren, so we chase our kids a lot. Celia and her brother Brent are just a few years younger than me, so we’ve always felt close. Don’s sister, Janet, was 10 when Don was born, so he was her live baby doll. They were very close and she was almost like a mother-in-law from heaven to me. Of course Don’s mother was the mother-in-law from heaven. It’s been a wonderful family to be blessed to join. There is nobody I miss more than Janet; she was incredibly wise and loving. Being with Celia is such a warm reminder of Janet and we can get on the same page talking about all our kids! Her kids and our kids spent many hours of fun in the basement of this house when we all came here for Thanksgiving when it belonged to Don’s mom and dad. Celia’s brother, Brent worked with us for years in Oklahoma City, so we got very close. We are really intertwined with this segment of the family. We have many treasured memories: lots of fantastic fun and lots of strength and love from these precious people. It was great to see Celia this morning.

The first picture on the blog is Celia and I at the IHOP. I meant to wear my Boise.org hat today. I DID wear it, but I covered it up with my little black hat, so I don’t get credit for pushing Boise. Boise is a wonderful town that I really love. I think it’s one of our country’s best-kept secrets. If it weren’t so far away from all our family, I’d do my best to talk Don into moving there. Everyone should visit there. The place is awesome and the people are the best! So, the next picture is of me before I added the black hat. I woke up cold several times last night. When I woke up grinding my teeth I added two hats to the one I was wearing and then covered up my head with the covers and slept the rest of the night. So, this morning, I was so afraid of freezing, so I piled on the hats. I’ll do a better job for Boise another day. The second picture is me with only the sleep cap and the Boise.org hat.

The last hat is the one we found today. I couldn’t resist it; a cowgirl hat. Oh, yeah! That’s me. Ha! NOT, but it’ll be fun to have it and wear it. I’ll have to have my picture made with David. He is the most handsome cowboy I know; I love his hat. I’ll get that picture soon. (Jim Bucey and Mike Buchanan, that gun I’m pointing is NOT real! I’ll explain that to the rest of you later.)

Oh, 3 of the four numbers they watch closely were in the low range today, but just a little low. They weren’t scary or near causing them to defer me. I can relax and enjoy the kids this weekend. God is so good! I’m so busy counting the blessings!

6 comments:

  1. The hats look very becoming to such a beautiful woman! Nighttime id stressful for me these days so I'll ring off and to you on the slant side soon,

    Love you,

    Gene (64)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo! The black snuggie under the Boise Cap is beautiful on you. Omigosh, Gretta is absolutely beautiful!!! And I'm sure she is absolutely beautiful inside just like her mom and dad. Also love the introductions. I pray your strength holds up because you are so talented with this blog. Lotsa love, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow; early in the morning! Gene I can see that the wee hours are stressful for you. I love the nice words, though; thanks for them!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Linda. Snuggie; I like that word. I'm just calling them sleeping caps because that's what they called it when they gave me the first one at MD Anderson. Another friend calls them skull caps. That sounds a little eerie to me. I like snuggie and I wear them all the time to keep from freezing.

    Gretta is a jewel for sure! Thanks for seeing her beauty; no wonder Elena is such a dolly, huh? With a mom like that and her dad's eyes, she's a lucky little girl.

    I'm glad you like the introductions! I figure we've got a community going here, so folks should know a little about each other.

    Thanks for your prayers. I will keep up the blog, even if I get sick. I just talked to the doctor in Houston today and she tells me the next phase of chemo will be tougher. That's okay. I'm braced for it and I'm ready to face it. Lots of people have and I want to do whatever I have to do to beat this, so bring it on! I've got great support. If Don has to write the blog, it'll be lots shorter! Ha!

    Thanks for your great support!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I never expected to see me on your blog...I'm very honored. Tell Gretta that no, she and I have never met. She is absolutely beautiful. I love the hat show. It's so fun. I like how you've coordinated your knee bands and your arm band each day. You are way clever. I love you Sissy. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sis, how funny that you were surprised to see yourself on the blog! Judy Izumi wrote to me that she thought all those pictures were you at different ages since Gretta's was in black and white. Then she read about them. When I looked at them, I thought it was interesting that they all kind of favor.

    Hope you're feeling better today! We're having a ball with the kids!

    Love you,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete