Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A visit with Trish and kids.




We are such tired but happy people tonight. We went to OKC and had a visit with Tricia and all the kids today. That was really delightful for us. God blessed us with a safe trip. Pictures on the blog today are from that visit. The first one is Ruthie holding Raynie with Phil in the background; the second one is Mason feeding Raynie; the third one is Nate, the oldest of Tricia’s kids. (He doesn’t get much camera time with all the little siblings, so I was glad to catch him!)

It was a wonderful visit, but it was a two-hour drive there and another two hours back. That’s enough to wear us out, so we’re all pretty tired. Tomorrow we’ll all go to Lawton for my fifth chemotherapy treatment and an MRI on my head. It’ll be our first experience with this in Lawton, so it’ll be another big day.

We all have too much fun together. Phil and Don clown around all the time and Ruthie and I are so easy we keep laughing at them and encouraging them! It’s a hoot! If laughter is good medicine, then none of us could be sick!
We thank God for a safe trip and for precious families and friends! Thank you for being a part of that blessing to us.

8 comments:

  1. Mary Jo,

    Gene, our son flew home from the FAA training school in OKC this past weekend. It was a great surprise to us all.

    We manage with His help and now take it one day at a time.

    Love (Gene 64)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gene, is your sone home for good, or was that just for a surprise visit? I didn't realize he was right here "amongst" us.

    One day at a time is what we have, so that's the best way to approach it, I think. I'm learning that!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sissy....Raynie is the tiniest cutest little thing....bless her heart. I know you were proud to get a chance to see them all. I've been praying for you all today...safe travels and a good result with the chemo....by good, I mean no problems. I love you.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!
    Hope you are OK. I think your family is so wonderful! I dont know when I've seen so much joy and
    togetherness.

    Tell Ruth and Phil to have a great time with you. Wish I could be there.

    My family almost never get a chance to see each other. I think
    you family is great.

    I am praying for your recovery Jo.
    Keep your heart strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I am so very happy to see that wonderfully handsome nephew of mine and pictures of Raynie...I was totally disappointed that I didn't get a pic of your hair, or lack thereof, today! :) Funny story to tell you when you call next time. You won't believe it....magazine boy struck today at school! Details later!

    Love you!
    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri, Raynie is such a little sweetie. Even more precious is how the bigger kids all love her and how she reacts peacefully to them. They are an amazing family and such a joy to visit. God is so wise to pick Trish and Rob to have a big family because they sure do a fine job! Just ask me and I'll bragg on them! :) I'm very pleased and proud of them!

    Thanks for your prayers! Everything went great today.

    Love and miss you!

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh,my goodness! It's the real anonymous writer, again! I love that you write and I love your encouraging words, but Ruthie and I are having a time figuring out who you are! How about signing you post or at least give us some initials or a clue, so we can quit fretting over "who could that be???"

    We're leaning toward you, Gwen. Are we right??? Somebody please set us straight. Don't leave us hanging; keep writing, but give us some help!

    Thanks so much for your prayers and words of encouragement. Yes, it is so wonderful that Ruthie and Phil could come. For years they couldn't get away and we didn't get around so much either. It's been great in the last few years to be able to spend more time together. We thank God for the health and opportunity to be together.

    God bless,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jilly, Magazine Boy is still such an awesome kid. I'm going to write some sentences to him so he'll know I'm on his team and still very proud of him.

    Sorry to disappoint you by leaving out the pictures of me. I thought I might need them later when I'm so bald that I can't stand to put pictures of me on the blog. I really think I'll be okay with bald. I mean that's just how it will be, so there's no point in hiding the facts. I'm not sure I'll still feel that way when it really happens, though. :)

    Love and miss you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete