Saturday, August 11, 2007

Home, safe and exhausted!




We made it home safely, but we are exhausted. We didn’t get away from MD Anderson until a little after 2 and we had traffic all the way until we got to Denton, Texas (north of Dallas), so it was a long drive for Don. He did a great job, though and we made it fine. We stopped and got groceries in Lawton, so we can eat good stuff.

The picture on the blog tonight is to show you what a dear friend we have. Joan always watches the house for us when we’re gone, and she came over today and turned on the air for us, so it would be cool when we got here. She also left these flowers and tomatoes from her yard and peaches that she bought for us. When we lived across the street from her (when we first moved to Hobart) she was such a tremendous neighbor. If I went out in the yard with a shovel, I’d soon find her beside me with her shovel. If I went out with the ladder to trim a tree, she’d come and hold the ladder for me and offer to bring her own. If I was trimming the hedge, she helped. She befriended our cats, to the point that when we moved up here, one of our cats went back to her house at least twice and maybe three times before she decided to stay with us. She’s such a wonderful friend! I haven’t even touched the edge of all she and I have done together, but there’s not enough space her to cover it!

I’ve got a picture of her that I’ll put on, too. Joan is the one on the left in the striped shirt. In the middle is Dorothy, who I mention a lot, and Hazel is the one on the right who lives across the street from us, now. This picture was taken a couple of months ago when we got back from somewhere and we were playing cards at our house. Hazel, another magnificent neighbor brought those cookies that night. Another neighbor is our preacher, who cuts our grass when we’re gone and pumps water out of the basement for us when we’re gone. Man, could anyone have better neighbors??? Well, I’ve put this picture of Bill on before, but I love it and him, too, so the handsome guy in the suit is the same guy who mows and pumps for us; he’s even fixed our gate and our attic door. I could go on and on about him, too, but then I’d have to get into his awesome wife and daughters and that’s just another page!

God has blessed us so much. I’ve got to sign off with this. Ruthie sent me this address tonight and I absolutely love this song.

Click on this link: http://www.andiesisle.com/icanonlyimagine.html

The group, Pierce Arrow, does it so well in Branson, but this was such a wonderful welcome home tonight. It’s another blessing to count on top of a safe trip, and wonderful friends and a dry basement and house all in shape. Look around and count your blessings with me.

8 comments:

  1. I miss you mom. I don't think I've ever wanted to come to Hobart so bad in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary Jo,
    I am sure it is wonderful to be in your own home again. Think I rushed things the other day by saying I was glad you were home already. Know Don did a fantastic job as your driver.
    Wish you two were coming over, so sorry things didn't work out. I'm still thinking about Oct. in the Azores then France with Jim but can't count on the house not being sold by then. Wish I could say just come any way but new owners might wonder!
    God gave me another scripture as I was getting ready for bed tonight so had to postpone things for a minute to share this one with you too. It's funny, when God gives me things like this, people pop into my mind that I know He wants me to bless as I have been blessed. So, hope you don't mind. Again, this is from the NIV as that is what I read. The verse He gave me was 2 Corinthians 4:8-10. God really speaks to me through His word and I try my best to listen when He does.
    Those peaches and tomotoes look great, you do have wonderful friends and neighbors that love you very much - how could they not!
    Love and Aloha, Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear you made it home safely. What a blessing Joan is for getting the house ready for your arrival. Don't over do today getting settled at home. I love you....Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this one is Jilly; I miss you, too! What were you doing up at that time of morning??? You must have looked right after I put the blog on!

    I was so great to get all the pictures you sent. I went rifling through all the mail until I found them and then went to bed today with all of you close to my heart. Thanks so much for sending that great package of pictures!

    I think Aunt Ruthie and Uncle Phil are coming on Monday, so we'll pretend you're with us and let Aunt Ruthie take care of my hair/no hair situation. I'm going to be one of the really cool guys I think! Oh, THAT's the big draw; that bald head of Joe's drew you to Kentucky! My hair's coming back, though, so this is only a temporary thing; I know your coming to Hobart would be, too. Ha! Of course we never thought we'd live here, but here we are. And we were sure glad to get back here after all the traffic in Houston, too. We've become real country bumpkins for sure.

    It won't be long until you can come and see us and Trish and all her family, too. That'll be a great time of celebration!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home - we are so glad that you're back safe & sound. I know you love to travel and visit, but there's just no place like home. I think you're hair is thicker than mine and I haven't had chemo!! Take it easy and know that we love you both. B & Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bob, thanks for sharing the scriptures with me as God gives them to you! I love that you follow His lead and bless as you have been blessed. We see that in all your life. We loved sitting at your house because you so totally shared your blessings with us just by letting us be so at home there.

    I hope your house sells really quickly so that you can really make that trip over to Serena's and then to France with Jim. What a fun trip that would be. I hate to see your house go to someone else, but it probably is time to move on to whatever is next in your life. I think the house will hinder you. God will lead you; keep your mind open.

    We love you!

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terri, I took a nap this morning and all I did this afternoon was fix lunch and change our sheets and do one load of laundry. We played cards at Jo Ann and Frank's to celebrate Dorothy's birthday. I'm going to write the blog and go to bed and sleep like a brick tonight, I'm sure! Thanks for watching out for me and reminding me to take it easy.

    I love you!

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, B&Z! The hair is nearly gone; I'm just trying to hang on to make it through church one more time tomorrow. Then I'm hoping to hang onto it until Tuesday when my sister is coming and she can watch the last of it fall out. It's kind of fun! Then we'll celebrate Hat Day and no more bad hair days! It'll be a fun event. Then when it comes back in it will be so fun to see how it comes!

    Yes, it's so sweet to be home. We love traveling, but treatment is not so cool as traveling! Doris and Jerry and Judy and Aki were awesome, but the drain of treatment and traffic sure made us long for good old Hobart. I never dreamed we'd ever be so glad to see Hobart. It's amazing how God works!

    Love you!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete