Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Introductions on the blog . . .




Okay, I’ve been in the basement hemming a pair of shorts and making knee bands to go with them. Plus I cut the neck out of a t-shirt and the tail off, so I could make a hat and a sleeve (to protect the PICC). That means I spent too much time down there and I’m late with the blog. The balance thing, again; I did get a little nap this afternoon, though, so maybe I’m okay. We’re getting up early to go to Lawton in the morning, so I’ve got to get to bed.

Tonight Gretta wrote that she thought Terri and Dot DID know each other. I’m sure it’s confusing who people are and what they mean by some things they say, so I’ll introduce people better, beginning tonight.

Terri is my baby sister in our dreams. She was at Itazuke after I left, so we never were even there together. We met several years ago on the Internet as we were planning to go to our Itazuke reunion in Orlando. Since then our relationship has grown and grown. We feel like sisters and she calls me Sissy and I call her Sis (I have a half sister, who we call Sissy, so Terri can’t be my Sissy.) Terri lives in Texas, but we see each other whenever we can, which is never enough. She is a couple of years younger than me, so she gets to be the baby. She has nicknamed Don Honeyman because she loves him and sees all sweet things about him.

Dot is a precious lady who lives near my sister, Ruthie. She is married to Frazier, who has the biggest smile in the entire world. Dot and Frazier go to church where we went to church when we lived in Springville, where my sister lives, so their encouraging smiles go back 15 or so years. They are wonderful support.

Gretta is our baby daughter, but her middle name is Jill and we often call her Jilly. The kids all call her Aunt Jilly. So, if you see those names, know that they are all the same person. Gretta is the mom to Garrett (magazine boy or cake) and Elena (icing).

The pictures on the blog tonight are my ‘Sis,’ Terri; then Gretta with Garrett a couple of years ago; then our waitress and friend, here in town, Janet, who reminds us of Terri. It must be their personalities that remind us of Terri, because I look at these pictures and don’t see that they look alike. Maybe in their eyes and their coloring; Terri is blonder than that picture shows. Anyway, Janet is one of the sweetest, most positive people in town and that personality reminds us of sweet Sis.

So, now you know some of the people who love me enough to post on the blog. I’ll introduce you to more in the future. These are some of the blessings I count every day! God is so great to us!

9 comments:

  1. Thank God you used my best photo ever to introduce me! :) Love you!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Jo,

    I was going to send you a picture of my daughter and two granddaughters but I have LOST your email address (had a system crash not long ago and did a lot of scrambling). Mine is jedeharte1861 att ftc-i dot net.

    Love,

    Gene (64)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the introductions MaryJo (btw you are looking great Terri)....I really like to see pictures of the people you are talking about..sometimes I get confused..lol. dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Jo,

    FOUND IT! I (stupid me!!!) forgot Don's last name. Yep, the memory is going, going, gone...

    Gene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jilly, you look just like that, so it is, indeed, a wonderful picture.

    Love and miss you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gene, I haven't gotten email from you yet, but I'm watching for it, eagerly. I know it's not as easy for you to work at the computer as it is for me. Maybe your grandson will get a chance between homework and other things to do it for you. I can wait, but I look forward to it.

    It dawned on me that you may have found an old email address since we go way back when we first emailed. The right one is:

    donshnell@sbcglobal.net


    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dana, I'm so glad you like the introductions. I hope you still like them when I put on my picture of you in the pool in Reno . . . JUST KIDDING! I have no such thing; I have some great pictures of you. Your introduction will come one day before long. Don't worry; it'll be fun.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not funny...not funny at all MaryJo. Do Not scare me like that again..lol. dana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Dana! I'm so sorry if I scared you, but it was too funny to get this reaction. You made me LOL! You always bring a smile, but this was too good!

    I won't do it again anytime soon. :)

    Love you!

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete