Saturday, August 25, 2007

Celebration and cards!




Tonight we played cards at our house and celebrated birthdays of 4 of us who have birthdays this month. We were also celebrating Jo Ann and Frank’s 45th wedding anniversary. Tillie brought a cake for the anniversary and we stuck 4 candles in it representing the 4 birthdays. Dorothy and David brought homemade ice cream, so it was quite a celebration! We played two tables of 6.

The pictures on the blog:

1) Me with the hat of the day. It’s a little black one I decorated with the necklace Grace
made for me when she stayed a few days with us a few weeks ago.

2) The Bobsey/Josey twins. Bob cut his hair so we’d be bald together; we may never look this much alike again! Then again, we may look alike for several months; until this chemo is done.

3) The celebrating group; me, Dorothy, Jo Ann, Frank, Tillie, and Bob.

4) Jack (Doesn’t he look like Jonathan Winters? He’s as funny as Jonathan Winters, too! He’s married to Tillie and we call them Silly and Tillie.), who was the best man at Frank and Jo Ann’s wedding, then Jo Ann and Frank. How many people can celebrate their 45th anniversary and their best man is still handy to celebrate with them?

We have the greatest fun with this bunch of people! We take every opportunity to celebrate, and if we don’t have any excuse to celebrate, we celebrate anyway. There is never a dull moment. We can’t always get all these folks together, but it’s sure fun when we do.

We count all these folks among our many blessings. We count you among them, too. God bless!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sissy....you and our Big Bro look so cute with your blad heads. I wish I was there, I miss you all so much. I was thinking in those pictures of Elena, she almost has a little bald head too. Take care of you my beloved friend and big Sissy. I love you. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Jo,

    We went over with another couple of our best friends to Clyde and Betty's for a sit down dinner. And did we have fun - after dinner we planned our October trip to Edisto Island. Jane, her twin sister from Pennsylvania and I are in cabins while the other two couples have RV's. They plan a whole day a Plantation touring while I sit home. Actually I plan on walking the beach picking up sand-dollars. I'm glad to see you had a good night too. Take care as always,

    Gene

    ReplyDelete
  3. MaryJo,
    Be sure to tell Bob that I think his new look is very appealing. I'm sorry I'm not a good enough friend to do the same for you..lol. dana
    P.s. I'm dearly loving the hat fashion show...keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, Bob was glad to hear from you when I told him you said 'hello' Saturday night! He and Diana look great! He's really working on their house; it's pretty exciting.

    They have a new grandson due in October, so things are getting way exciting at their house.

    Love you!

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a trip to Edisto Island! I did a Google search and found it to be an awesome place; enjoyed a little internet visit, myself. It would be more fun with your family and friends, though! I know you'll have a great trip! When will you go?

    Love,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana, you're a hoot. No lie; Bob looks great!

    I'll keep the hat show coming. It's a challenge every day to have a hat to go with something I already own. It's important, though, because my head gets so cold! That is such a shock to me; I never thought I'd have a cold head! I have to wear a hat to keep from freezing, but it has to come off easy for the hot flashes. Don must be so entertained by my temperature adjustments!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete