Friday, August 24, 2007

Elena Update!




Today I’m not so full of news. Today has been just full of errands and cleaning house. We hadn’t cleaned house since before we went to Houston, so even though it was fairly neat it needed the dust gathered from the floors and furniture. I did the hard floors and Don did the carpets. I’ll do the furniture tomorrow. I should have done it first, but I got busy working on the web site and some issues that needed tweaking, so the dusting will get done tomorrow.

We’ve got 10 people coming to play canasta tomorrow night. We figured we’d better have fun with folks while my numbers are good. When they are down I have to be careful being around folks, so I’ll let my hair down tomorrow. That’s a pun; no hair! Probably I’ll let my hat down and show them all my bald head!

The picture of me today is in one of my favorite hats. Nobody would notice me in this one. HA! I need to wear bigger earrings; these were little flags, but I need bigger ones with no makeup and no hair. I need to balance with the hat. I’m working on it.

The other pictures are the Elena update. She’s a big girl who can sit up in her chair now. She loves that chair! She’s 6 months old now and weighs almost 13 pounds; she’s still tiny, but she’s the boss. Who could deny those eyes?

God does such an awesome job on everything, especially these babies! God bless and have a great weekend!




8 comments:

  1. Elena is so precious.....like her Grammy. You should have been a model, Sissy! Yall have fun playing canasta tonight, please tell the gang that I said hi. I love you. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Terri, you would so love Elena! We can hardly stand to not be close to her!

    I AM a hat and head model! I'm learning from Grace to model. Ha! My friend, Linda really did do some modeling; I wish she'd come and train me for all these pictures!

    We'll have a blast playing canasta and we'll sure tell everyone hello. They love you, too. I wish you'd come up sometime, but I know it's a road trip. Ugh. When I wrote Palestine on your address this morning, I told Don, "I can't believe we're not at the Villages with Terri living right there!" He said, "Time will come." I can hardly wait!!!

    Love you,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Jo,

    Sorry I have not been around lately but I have had a “few!!” bad days. It’s good to see you up and around. We are going to try and go over to a friend’s house this evening for supper. Take care always,

    Gene (64)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gene, it's so good to hear from you. I'm sorry you've had some bad days; wish I could be nearby to come by and help or at least give you a hug.

    I'm feeling great. I don't have much stamina. I run out of energy, but I just stop and nap when I do and I'm ready to go.

    I'm having fun with this bald head! It feels so good to be able to rub it and not to worry at all about hair falling or getting messed. It's way cool! Well, THAT, too . . . I'm learning that I have to have a hat to stay warm!

    Have a good evening out with your friends!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if you are considering earrings with that hat you should stick with the "less is more" to balance that hat! :) Thank you for watching Joe's race. I'm so proud of him and Grasshopper! Good run, good ride, good training.....just didn't get there first! :) Hope you had fun playing canasta! Wish I were there with you all! Love you!
    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jilly, we had so much fun watching the race. I was in the kitchen when Joe walked Grasshopper out and Dad was going, "Do you want to see Joe? HE's right there! Come see JOE!!!" I got there just in time to see his head go by, but then they showed him again, so I got a great look at him walking the horse towards us. We were so excited. Then the race was awesome!

    We're very proud; thanks for telling us about the race!

    I don't think the "less is more" concept is going to work while I have no hair and no make-up. I'm going with gawdy. :)

    Love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo, hi darling! I am so glad your MRI scored an A+! What a relief with God's help to know you are ahead in this game! I had no photo modeling; only runway walking, standing, turning, sitting etc. Oh and makeup. Never did a portfolio. At that time I was 5'8" weighing in at a hefty 118. Big difference now for me trying to priss around! Ha Ha! Try a blonde eyebrow pencil on your brows very lightly. Elena is a dollbaby! What channel shows Joe's horse races as we would like to cheer him on? Thank you Jesus for all our many blessings and having you in our lives, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Linda! I don't know about the brow pencil; I've gotten into such a habit of rubbing my eyes and head. I can see me with pencil smeared all over! I'll experiment, though.

    I don't know how to tell you to watch for Joe! I'm so TV dumb! It's some ESPN channel, I think. The next time we know to watch for him, I'll forward you the email that Gretta sends. It was sure fun to watch him Saturday! His horse was very exciting; nearly won it . . . but nearly doesn't count!

    Those pictures of the dollbaby remind me to tell you that she dressed her in that little dress with the blue roses for the Derby and she wore the rose bib that you sent to her. The bib is all that fits her, yet, but she thinks of you whenever she wears roses, and especially that bib. She's a real drooler, so she goes through the bibs!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete