Saturday, February 2, 2008

Bag lady survives!


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

Yesterday I was supposed to be able to shower, but we forgot and did the dressings on my drains and we didn’t want to have to do them again. So, I waited until today to shower, thinking it was like a gift to be able to shower. Well, THAT was a mistake! It took way more energy than I had to spare. It sure did feel good to have Don wash my back, though! Poor guy had to make his own breakfast and lunch, though. It took me that long to recover enough energy to function very well. I’ve decided I will do my best to stay clean for the next several days! That shower was way too exhausting. I have some baths in a package that I’ll be using until I figure out where to get some energy!

I was nearly out of ground Salba (my super food) so it really shook me up today when I was so tired after my shower. I determined that the first thing I’d do when I found some energy was to grind up the rest of my Salba. So, I did that tonight after supper and I’m exhausted, again. That’s okay. It’s about time for bed, so I’ll be ready to ‘go’ again tomorrow. It does feel good to be clean and to have a ‘stash’ of Salba.

Doris and Jerry came to visit today and brought a care package from Luke, their grandson. He sent pictures to help keep me in baby fixes, some English ivy and a Valentine bear! He didn’t realize how badly I needed the bag that he sent! I’ve been fumbling around carrying the apartment phone and both mine and Don’s cell phones, not to mention a pad a pencil for messages. The bag is PERFECT to carry all my loose ends! Thank you, Luke!

The picture on the blog tonight is me standing in front of the ivy Luke sent, the bear, and the tulips Judy and Aki brought yesterday. One of the pictures Trish sent of all the kids is on the wall in the background. I have another one I’ll put on the blog tomorrow. These pictures are the next best thing to having the kids, so they sure are good for me. (You can see the outline of one of the drains under my robe and below the bag; it's about the size of my face and there are 3 of them. They're kind of clumsy, but I'm sure it's much better than having the swelling!)

Other than tired, I’m doing so well! God is really taking care of me through great doctors and the world’s best nurse, Don! Thanks to all of you who are supporting me through posts, emails, prayers and positive thoughts. It means everything to me and I thank you and God!

No comments:

Post a Comment