Saturday, February 23, 2008

Deep blue eyes!


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

This picture is Raynie when she realized she’d missed Elena’s birthday party. Just kidding. This is a picture Trish sent today showing Raynie’s ‘trick’ of the week. Last week it was sticking her tongue out; this week it’s sticking out her lower lip. It doesn’t mean she’s unhappy; it’s just the look she’s wearing at the moment. What a little character she is. Elena doesn’t have the only blue eyes in the family, but Raynie’s are sure darker blue. How blessed are we to have two sweet baby darlings in one year? Raynie is 7 ½ months old and lives in Oklahoma City.

Today has gone well. Don walked for a couple of hours, so he’s really tired. I am still pampering my knees, so I stayed home and read and napped while he walked. It was a beautiful day in Houston, so I hated to stay inside, but I settled for a walk to check our mail and even that hurt my knee.

I do have good news, though. I forgot to mention that my neuropathy is much improved and I asked the doctor if I could cut back on the medication. She gave me a schedule for weaning off of it and I’ve done well with cutting back from 900 mg to 600 mg since Wednesday. I’m happy about that. Next Wednesday I’ll cut back to 300 mg for two weeks before I see how it goes with NONE. That’s a pretty good plan. My big toenails are nearly gone. I’ve cut them back and filled them so that they don’t catch on anything, so they don’t bother me at all. I’m very pleased at this improvement. My fingernails are nearly grown out to normal. That means they are cut very short, but only a very little bit of the damaged part still remains.

Look around and count the many rich blessings in our lives. I thank God for such a blessed life and I hope you will, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment