Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hair update.


7490 Brompton, Apt.442
Houston, Tx 77025
713-660-7816

This is the current picture of the hair growth. I never wear any hat besides a baseball cap for warmth and protection from the sun when we walk. It’s sure nice to have enough hair to keep my head warm! Remember, you can click on the picture and have a giant version to inspect the hair if you don't think there's much hair there. It really is getting thicker and longer.

This is also a peek at some of the markings they put on me for radiation. I told them that my granddaughter, Grace, would be disappointed that SHE didn’t get to do the markings! She’s really a whiz with markers! Those markings go all the way over to my armpit and down to the bottom of my ribs. If you look closely you’ll see some shiny spots. That’s the tape they put over the marks to keep them there. I can shower, but I can’t let the water run directly on the markings and I can’t put soap on them. I’m supposed to just let whatever soap and water runs over my shoulders be there and pat dry. So far I’m doing okay with it. I am allergic to most adhesives, so I was concerned about this tape, but they said this is the tape they use on babies and is very gentle. So far it’s not bothering me; hope my body will accept it for the 6 weeks of radiation!

The cami-jamies are left over from Overseas Brats functions. There are a group of us girls who have these cami-jamies for those special times together. I decided I wasn’t getting enough wear out of them, so I’m supporting the troops lounging around the apartment. Tomorrow is Friday, so it’s red shirt day, too. Woo Hoo!

I thank God for tape that isn’t flesh eating; for troops who are so brave; and for friends and family who love me (even flat chested!).

2 comments:

  1. Gee Whiz....I thought you were showing us the hair growth on your chest. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Dana, you are such a hoot. Actually, you might look close and see hair on my arms and peach fuzz on my face. I'm getting most of my hair, I guess. It's hard to tell, but I see patches here and there. It's amazing how we recover!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete