Wednesday, February 27, 2008

More company!


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

Today’s picture is me with my company today, Pam Lyden, another Itazuke Alumni! Pam is a breast cancer survivor and is ahead of me by almost a year in her experiences. She is an absolute doll and it was really wonderful for her to come by to see me. She even brought me a pillow case she’d made out of very soft flannel for my nearly bald head. She was very encouraging to insist that my hair is coming in thick. God bless her. I’ll have to have Don take a hair picture to update you all on the hair progress. The pillow case has pink breast cancer awareness ribbons all over it and wonderful words like: love, care, life, faith, hope, as well as pink and white hearts; it’s beautiful and extremely soft! Thanks, Pam!

Yesterday we went to see a local chiropractor and he worked really hard on my knee and told me to go walk a lot. So, we walked for 25 minutes yesterday and it hurt like all get out last night! It was lots better when I woke this morning and it got better as the day passed. This afternoon we walked 35 minutes and it’s hurting a lot, but not as badly as last night. I see the chiropractor again in the morning and report how the walking is going and how the pain is happening. Maybe this pain is a part of the healing process. I’m willing to do that. I’m so thrilled that he is working to get me walking while we are here for this awesome weather. I really need to be walking to get my bone strength back and to help me get through the radiation. That’s the health report. Otherwise, I’m doing really great. The nerves are waking up more and hurting a bit less. That’s great progress, too. I’m very pleased with all that’s happening and thank God for guiding me. Thank you for keeping an eye on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment