Monday, February 4, 2008

Suspenders day.

7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

Every day is interesting. Today the weather was beautiful, so we took a walk around the complex. My pants were falling down from the drains pulling on them, so we decided to go to Wal-Mart and get some suspenders. We needed to go to the grocery store, too, so off we went. I traded a two hour trek for a two hour nap. Whew, it really wore me out, but I was so thankful to be able to do both the trek and the nap!

I did get the suspenders and they are wonderful! Our great friend, David Rule always wore supspenders until he got the pacemaker, when he went to only one suspender. Anyway, I’m in the suspender club with him, now. Hopefully my rear will be big enough to hold my pants up after the drains can be removed. I think I’ll have these drains for 3-5 weeks, though. Whoever invented these drains (and suspenders!) was a wonderful person, though! It’s so nice not to have swelling. I am so amazed at how well this whole process has gone.

The picture on the blog is me after we got home and got the suspenders on my pants. You can still see the drains hanging out from under my shirt. I had Don take a picture with my shirt open, but I’m thinking the truth might hurt too much, so I’m not putting it on the blog even though I’m wearing a great smile. The truth is GREAT for me. I am so pleased to be doing so well. I’m thrilled to be able to look down and see these drains! I thank God for everything that is working to heal me and for the opportunity to be doing so well through the process. This time last week we were hoping to get all the tests done and be cleared for surgery on Wednesday; here we are a week later and it’s all done and I’m healing already. I thank God for so many blessings!

4 comments:

  1. See MaryJo, I really like knowing all these details. Thank you so much for keeping this going...when you don't always feel like it.
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, like your friend, Dana, I appreciate your detailed messages. Your sweet daughter, Tricia, was so good to keep us filled in with all the "happenings" as you were having the surgery. I knew you had to be tired and somewhat worn out and did hesitate calling you, but Ruthie assured me, you were doing fine and hearing your voice would let me know just how well you were doing. I simply could not get over the idea of surgery late one day and coming home the next day, but you did sound so good. But after reading the daily messages, I do realize it was like all surgeries. Pain and tiredness are all there! Do take care and try not to overdo. Much love, Eb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, you're just the best audience! You keep reading, even when it's boring!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eb, it was really wonderful when you called the other day! I'm so glad that Ruthie encouraged you to make that call. It's good to hear from folks and the phone is so easy! This blog works so well, too, though because many read it and see answers to questions they've had but haven't asked.

    Yes, what would we do without our smart and precious kids who pick up the pieces for us when we're dropping our pieces AND they provide us with those wonderful grandkids! Again, I thank God for wonderful blessings!

    Thanks for helping keep our family connected; that's such a blessing to all of us.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete