Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thanking God for Lortab!

7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

Today has been pretty amazing. I may go back to Lortabs tomorrow. The wakening of my nerve endings is not pleasant and my cup may be just about to overflow in the pain area. It feels like I have pins sticking me from the elbows and waist to my shoulders. That means the rest of my body doesn’t hurt, though! I’m sure Tylenol is taking off the edge, but I’m just about on the edge of biting my fingernails and I don’t do that, plus I don’t have any; they are clipped nearly to the cuticles!


Doris and Jerry came to the apartments to bring a new chair to one apartment and to do some electrical work (for the computer) in another one. We met one really nice couple and enjoyed see both the other apartments as Don helped load out the old chair and in the new chair to the one apartment. Then we went to lunch with Doris and Jerry at a great Mexican place. All that was really nice. Then Don and I came back to our apartment and walked for 15 minutes. I’m working up to 20 minutes a day. All that was good.


However, by then I was ready for a nap and didn’t wake up any more comfortable. So let’s just say I’m a bear tonight. I’m thankful for Lortabs and tomorrow I will be dipping back into my stash of 12! For tonight I’m giving Tylenol a chance to get the job done. I can make it until bedtime and then sleep will get me through until morning.


Gretta’s sister-in-law sent me a stash of pictures of Elena from Christmas in New York, so Elena is the star on the blog picture tonight. She’s sitting in her other Grandma’s lap getting those ring fingers ready to inspect something! So here I sit, thanking God for whoever invented Lortab and for precious family and in-laws. As our nephew did, I thank God for placing us in families. What an awesome God we have!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Red Day to you! I am happy that you can take the Lortab to soothe those nerve ending to sleep. I have never been one who liked taking pain medicine as I usually don't handle the side-effects very well,but there comes a time when one is thankful for the relief. None of us wants you to hurt anymore than absolutely necessary for you to heal. Wow, I so glad Don and you are out walking and I am sure the birds are happy to see you out and about.Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tank you, Ann! Thankfully the Lortab made all the difference today. The pain is still there, but it is such a doable thing with the Lortab. I hope I can make it a couple more days and then get by on the Tylenol once the drains are gone. Hopefully the drains can be removed on Monday or Tuesday. We walked the Bayou today and I thought of you! We saw a crane in the Bayou!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete