Monday, February 18, 2008

A day in Galveston!


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

Wow! Two great visiting days in a row! The picture on the blog today is of me with Bob and Diana Clark in GALVESTON! They came this direction last night and met Terri on her way home for dinner. Then they stayed the night on the way and got up EARLY this morning to get here in time to meet us and Judy for breakfast! They are famous world travelers and also famous great friends! They were going to Galveston for a few days in a timeshare, so we followed them down there and cruised around Galveston with them. It was fun to see the beach and a cool coastal town. We stumbled upon The Bishop’s Palace and decided on the spur of the moment to tour it. It was a delight! If you go to Galveston, be sure to go visit it. Then we went down to the beach and got some more pictures. I’ll put more pictures on the blog another day. You might enjoy checking The Bishop’s Palace on Google for more information.

It’s only about an hour to drive down to Galveston, and an hour back, but it’s that TRAFFIC that is so uncommon to us, again. It wears us out really fast, so we’re exhausted. I managed to do lots of my exercises in the car, so I didn’t have too many to do when we got home. Either the exercises aren’t hurting so much any more, or I was flat worn out because I went to sleep during two that I was timing for 10 minutes. If I didn’t have the timer set on the phone I’d still be asleep!

I sure thank God for friends who will go out of their way so much to come and visit to make sure I’m doing okay. God is great; so are friends! Thank you for being a friend or a family member who cares enough to read about us. All is well in Houston. (You can tell by my smile, right?)

2 comments:

  1. MaryJo....I can't believe how much I have missed in the last 5 days. I have been entertaining a group of my internet friends from all over the country and 3 from Canada. We had us a little ole Texas gathering. I will now get back to normal around here.
    I did get an email from an old Itazuke friend (don't know if you know her or not). Patsy Windham. She has not come to any of the reunions...maybe I can talk her into it. She will be in DFW area the last of the month and we are meeting up.
    It has been old Itazuke homecoming here on your site. I recognize a lot of beautiful faces...HI y'all. Love seeing the pictures of your family too MaryJo...keep them coming.
    Thinking of you on a daily basis. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, I'm glad you've had your little ole Texas gathering, but you've missed a great reunion here in Houston! It's sure been fun.

    Of course it's great to have Bob and Diana around home close a lot of the time. What a blessing to us that they moved to 'our' town and made it 'their' town, too. We call it, Itazuke West, hoping someone else will join us.

    Thanks for appreciating my family pictures, too. They keep me going along with friends like you.

    I don't remember Patsy Windham, but the name does sound familiar. I'll have to look her up in the yearbook when I get home. Maybe I will remember her face. I know you'll love seeing her the end of the month. By all means talk her into coming to the reunions!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete