Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Valentine flowers.


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816

Today’s picture is me in front of my Valentine flowers that Don bought for me when we went to the grocery store today. There is also the Valentine bear, card and picture that Luke sent. (Gretta, I’m wearing the sweater you handed down to Trish and she handed down to me.)

Last night Don and I were planning how we will use our timeshare weeks this year and he said, "After we spend 3 months here are you going to want to go somewhere else? This is kind of like being in a condo." I’m glad it’s that good for him. It’s nearly that good for me, too, but not exactly. It’s a lot the same in that we have a nice place to stay; it’s like home in that we cook and have plenty of space. It’s the same in that we like to go somewhere and really do nothing but hike around. That’s what we’re doing here when I can keep my knee in shape. It’s wonderful that having surgery and recovering is like a vacation. It makes our vacations sound bad, but we really love them. It’s such a blessing that this surgery is a healing event for me, so why not make it a vacation? As soon as we get through with this ‘vacation,’ we will be doing mostly reunions and baseball, we hope.

Don has a couple of school reunions this year. I have a family reunion and a school reunion. That’s 4 great times for us. Besides that we want to catch up on all the baseball we missed last summer. Bruce is already playing baseball, so we’re behind already. We’ll catch up as soon as we can!

I thank God for the opportunity to vacation lots whether for surgery or not. We are blessed to have been able to retire early and get to spend lots of time together and lots of time with our kids who are scattered all over the country. (Not nearly ENOUGH, but more than folks who still work.) We thank God for our blessings of time together and great health in our family.

4 comments:

  1. How is it that you make all my old clothes look so good? I love you! I miss you too! I can't wait to see you again sometime!

    Love you!
    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jilly! I'm sure enjoying wearing your old clothes, so I hope you feel good about me getting your money's worth out of them! Thanks for passing them down to me! I can't wait to see you, too. We're planning to come there before the Fox reunion in June. That sounds like forever away, but time flies and we can hardly wait!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I hope our house is done by then! AGH! That will be cutting it close! We will make room wherever we are staying! That is so exciting to have a plan that you will be coming! YIPPEE! You made my day!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jilly, I'm so glad I could make your day. Don't worry about your house or where we'll stay. It won't matter a bit. We'll stay anywhere. We just want to see you all. It'll be fun to see your house, whatever it's stage at the time. Don't worry about it a bit. No snits; cancer loves snits, so avoid those!

    Love and miss you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete