Monday, February 11, 2008

First drain is removed! YES! Sleeping on the left side tonight!

7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

The picture on the blog today is the full version of me headed out to lunch at Long John Silver’s yesterday. (Knee bands, 3 drains, no hair, no boobs: a walking comedy!) That is the last picture of me with all three drains as we got to go have one of the drains removed today. We could have had one more removed if we’d insisted, but it wouldn’t help that much since I’d still have one remaining on that side. We figured we might as well leave the two in place and remove them both on Thursday. They are slowing down enough that it will surely be okay for that day. I’ll be so happy to sleep on my side tonight! In this picture I’m holding up the little picture that sits on the table so that I see it when we eat. I’ve got some more pictures of some of the other grandkids, and I’m going to get frames and place them around this apartment, too. That’s a new project for me to accomplish over the next couple of weeks.

Judi called and invited us to lunch today, so we went and had a good visit with her over a 3 hour lunch. She’s getting things ready for a trip to Japan, so we’ll be missing her for a while. She saw us through the tough times, though. I’m so happy for her that she can make these trips to Japan. Her mom and her little sister and her two daughters are going to meet her over there for a great visit. I’m really excited for her to be able to make this trip.

It cooled down a bit and was cloudy today, but it’s still nice. They were threatening thunderstorms so even Don didn’t walk. I’ve got new exercises to begin on the left side, so I’d better go get busy with that. It’s too soon for me to walk on my knee, so I’ll concentrate on the arm exercises. God is so good to me; I’m so glad to be free of one drain. By Red Friday I’ll be drain free and I’ll be honoring our troops for my freedom in every sense of the word!

4 comments:

  1. One drain down and two to go! By Friday, let's hope you will be hitting a homerun.
    Looking at your picture this morning,I think Elena's gets her delicate hands from her Grandma. See how you have them cupped to your side. Later today I will send you some pictures of the grandkids's visit over the weekend.Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a nut. The picture and your description of yourself made my day. You are indeed a walking comedy, just the kind we all love! Hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Ann! Yes, by Friday I'll be celebrating big; maybe hitting some high fives!

    You are so sweet to look at that picture of me with all the goofy get up and you see my hand! See, how precious friends are?

    I got the pictures of your grandkids. All grandkids are precious to us grammies, right? Thanks for the pictures; I love them! I'm so glad you got the camera!

    Love,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty! It's so good to hear from you and I love that you are laughing with me. One of these days I may get a t-shirt that says "My friends laugh WITH me!"

    I don't mind looking goofy; I'm just happy to be looking alive and up and walking! I don't mind people laughing at or with me, either. Laughing is good for the system, so whatever part I play in it is good for me.

    It's so fun to have rattled your chain, though! I love when you post!

    Love you so much,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete