Friday, February 1, 2008

Pink is close to red for this Friday's support of the troops.


7490 Brompton, Apt.442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816

Don said I should put the address and phone number on the blog every day so that you don’t have to search for it if you need it. He makes good sense, so it’ll be there.

Today is such a good day. I got to take off the bra that they sent me out of surgery wearing. Actually, I could take a shower, but we got all carried away and did my drain dressings before I took the shower and we didn’t want to dress them again. I get tired easy and I really couldn’t be dirty. Tomorrow will work as well. I’m not so crazy about showers and I can’t take a bath, yet. If you’re wondering what purpose the bra serves, join the club! I think it was to hold the bunches of gauze they had in there in case the stitches oozed. Anyway, it’s all gone, now and I’m free of a bra! I should get some perk out of this, so I’m claiming the braless perk!

Judy and Aki came by this afternoon to visit. What an honor! Aki doesn’t get much time off, and for him to come and spend it with the ‘sick’ is quite an honor. They came in bringing ice cream for Don and tulips for me. I love these live flowers! I’ll take a picture of them for tomorrow’s blog. Today’s picture is of Aki and Judy with me on the sofa. Aki said that God sent him, so I’m sure thanking God, again! What a sweet surprise!

Today I hung up the pictures that Trish sent of the kids, too. Soon, I’ll get a picture of me with those pictures, too. It sure helps to have these pictures when I can’t have the kids. I have pictures on the computer, but these are great!

I talked to Gretta and she has pneumonia! UGH; she sure has breathing problems, but at least she is able to be at home and not in the hospital. We thank God for that and ask Him to take care of her.


2 comments:

  1. Well Kudos to Don!! He must have felt my pain as I searched for your address yesterday! I knew you had given it to us, but I wasn't on the ball enough to jot it down while it was in front of me! How sweet of Aki and Judy to come bringing ice cream and tulips! Great friends, huh! You are truly blessed to have good friends with you at this time. You sounded so good when I talked to you again today! I'm really glad you are doing so well.

    Love you!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie, Don loved having the Kudos! He even suggested I put it on every day and add our email address, too. He's pretty smart about that sort of thing. Man, he's a GREAT nurse, too! It turns out he can make breakfast and lunch, too!

    I'm really enjoying the tulips and Judy and Aki have been so the best to look after us since we've been here. It's wonderful to have a doctor to explain to us what is really happening. Of course Judy is unreal, too. I wonder what other people do without their best friend from 7th grade to look after them when they begin to unravel? Maybe they lean on their sister? I've done that, too. So many folks have really been good to me to get me through this time. God is great to provide the right folks at the right time!

    Thanks for always being one of those right folks for me!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete