Saturday, February 9, 2008

Oops; sprained a knee.

7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

The picture on the blog tonight is Elena in her bow, again. We all love that bow on her! She looks like she’s really tired of modeling it, though, and would just love to go to sleep. That’s how I feel tonight, so I chose this picture.

I woke up at 6:30 and it’s been a long day. We went shopping at the grocery store and then came home and walked for 30 minutes. I sprained my knee walking, so it’s all swollen. I hate when that happens, but it happens a lot to me. I had my bands on my knees , but the ligaments are so weak, they just go, sometimes. It’ll be better in a few days. I did the massage that the chiropractor does for me, so maybe it'll get better quickly.

Two of my drains seem to be on schedule to come out on Monday if they keep the pace they are. That’ll be good. The third one will be a day or two later, I’d guess. We’ll see. It’ll be so good to get the one on my left side gone so that I can lay on my side for a change. My back will love that!

There were some stains on the carpet, so I cleaned those today. It’s an obsession; see a spot: clean it! I discovered a great tool at a yard sale at home back when I bought the sewing machine. It’s a Black and Decker Scum Buster. I thought about bringing it with me, but didn’t. So, when I got here and saw those spots on the carpet, I went on ebay and found a Scum Buster and bought it. I’m happy to have it and will leave it for Doris to use in these apartments when we leave. I feel right at home with my Scum Buster to get after the cleaning since I don’t have Angela here. Thankfully, this place is small, so we can manage the cleaning. The Scum Buster is the next best thing to a Neti Pot; I think everyone should have one! I thank God that I can get down on the floor and back up by myself! This time last week I couldn’t even take a shower by myself, let alone get down in the floor and back up. God is GREAT!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness--those eyes are so beautiful! She is so precious. Hope the knee heals quickly, and the drains get gone! Hang in there, luv u, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, she sure is something, isn't she? Sometimes I think she may have to be an actress; she can sure look like different babies with her many different expressions. She's such a joy to all of us!

    I'll get over the knee thing; it's like being short: just something that's part of me. The drains are doing producing less and less, so I really think 2 of them can go tomorrow. I'll probably have to keep one another day or two, but it was down really good this morning, so we'll see. I'm excited at that thought!

    Thanks so much for hanging in there with me and for enjoying Elena with us! Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete