Sunday, February 17, 2008

Terri visits!


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

What a wonderful day! You can see that the picture on the blog today is Terri and I. We had a wonderful visit. She came just for a few hours, but it was a wonderful visit! I thank God for bring her, safely, and pray that He takes her home safely.

Before Terri got her Don and I walked to the Bayou to see what it looks like with yesterday’s rain filling it. It was a lot deeper than it was before, so we were glad we went to see it. There is still plenty of room for more water before it floods around here, though. After Terri left Don took off for a ‘real’ walk. He likes to walk a couple of hours. I wish I could go with him, but my knees aren’t that happy, yet.

It is such a gorgeous day! I thank God that Don can walk and that I got to get out for a bit. We all went out to a Mexican restaurant that is nearby for lunch, so that was a nice treat, too. Don got a picture of me at the bayou; I’ll put that on the blog sometime in the near future. Tomorrow Bob and Diana Clark are coming to visit, so we’ll have their pictures on the blog. They are on their way to Galveston for a few days in a timeshare and stopping by to check on us on their way.

Tuesday we have appointments at MD Anderson, so back to the local sort of grind for us. I thank God for this opportunity and pray that all goes well. Exercises are going well!

2 comments:

  1. Mary Jo, is that hair I see on top of your head? I am so excited for you to have your beautiful hair growing again. Probably trimming the fuzz help get the growing process started. Then to see Terri sitting there with you smiling just made me want the Vegas reunion to hurry up and happen. Her smile and laugh truly light up a room. I am thankful she was able to come visit with Don and you. Doesn't she live near Palestine, Texas? Love,Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, that IS hair you see growing on my head! Actually, on top it's my sunglasses and hat, but that's hair on the sides. I'll have to take another 'bald' picture soon to give my 'readers' an update. It is growing!

    It was so wonderful to have Terri visit! You are so right that her smile and laugh light up a room! Yes, seeing her makes me wish for the whole reunion! And, yes, she lives in Palestine. It was sure sweet of her to come all the way down here just for a quick visit. She's a doll!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete