Monday, February 25, 2008

Radiation begins Monday.


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

Today’s picture is me with the bayou behind me. This is where Don walks and I used to walk with him. He also walks other places, but I couldn’t tell you where. Tomorrow I have an appointment to see a chiropractor about my knees, so I hope I’ll be walking with him again, soon. The bayou is less than a block from here.

Today we went for the simulation for the radiation treatments. I was disappointed to learn that they aren’t going to tattoo little x’s on me after all! I thought I was going to be so cool with tattoos, but not so. I’m going to be cool with the 2-4 year olds because they marked my chest all over with permanent markers! I told them my grandkids would be so disappointed that they didn’t get to do it.

I did just fine for the procedure. It wasn’t painful at all. My range of motion is just fine to do the moves they needed me to do. They made a mold for my body to fit into every time I go for treatments. I’ll go back Friday and get into the mold but for X-rays, not a treatment. Then on next Monday I’ll have my first radiation treatment. If all goes as planned I should finish in the middle of April and we’ll be able to head for home.

Wow; home! That sounds good. We’re already thinking of this apartment of home, but it’ll be so sweet to get home to our real home. I thank God for both our real home and this place to call home while we’re on this portion of our journey.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the details of your medical care. I was pretty unfamiliar with all this before you started sharing with us and I am excited to learn about all the medical advancements that have been made in the treatment of cancer. It is wonderful to hear about your progress and as usual your attitude is such good medicine! Keep up the good work. You're the best. Love, Patty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, thanks for the encouraging note. I'll do my best to keep you all informed and hope that you learn information that will be helpful along the way.

    Thanks for keeping up with me. I love you!

    Always,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete