Friday, February 22, 2008

Thanks for Tylenol.


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

The picture on the blog today is Diana and I at lunch yesterday. We went to the Good Company Barbecue place, which is where Judy and Aki took us last summer when we first came here. They have great barbecue, wonderful cheese bread, jalapeno bread, and great baked potatoes.

This has been a really busy week. I went two days and nights without pain pills or Tylenol, but yesterday I decided I didn’t want to be any hero. I went to bed with Tylenol and have taken them all day today. I think I will heal better if I don’t tense up from pain and my fuse was starting to get really short last night.

My pain is not so much in the breast area. That area is still very numb. However, the nerves are waking up in the backs of my upper arms and that pain is pretty tough. I don’t even like a sleeve touching it, but I freeze if I only wear tank tops. It feels like I’ve burned the backs of my arms. The other pain that really gets to me is right under one of the drain holes. I’m sure it’s a nerve coming back to life because there should be nothing there to hurt. It feels like some little wire gouging me there when I do my exercises.

I’m doing really well with my exercises, though. I’m amazed at the range of motion that I have. I have no doubt that I’ll be able to lay in the position they want me to lay when I go in for the radiation assimilation on Monday. I have plenty of pain pills left and I’ll take one on Monday to be sure I can get through the procedure. In the meantime, Tylenol takes the edge of the pain enough for me to make it. A couple of years ago I leaned how great Tylenol is when I was having prolotherapy on my knees and back; how soon we forget. Once again, I’m thanking God for Tylenol!

There is so much for which to be grateful; wonderful strides in modern medicine; great hospitals, doctors and staff; awesome family and friends, a wonderful place to call home away from home; a great home to miss; health and happiness and a heavenly Father who guides us all the way. By the way; thanks for all the cards you are sending. It’s fun to get the mail every day! You are wonderful to keep posts on the blog, emails in my email box and snail mail in our mailbox. We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment