Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

7490 Brompton, Apt 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

The picture on the blog tonight just came today, so we are so proud to show of our oldest daughter, Gina, with Kyle (11), then her husband, Brian. In the front are Ethan (4) and Elise (8). They live in Indiana, just 45 minutes or so north of Gretta in Louisville. Gina is Brian’s valentine every day of the year; how could he ever forget with that red hair?

Today was a great day for us because they removed the last two of my drains! It feels so good to be tube and drain free. It is totally painless when they remove the drains. It is so nice to be able to walk around and not catch on the cabinet and drawer pulls! It’s nice not to have to empty the drains and clean, them, etc. That was a 30 minute procedure twice a day. I’ve traded that for pretty painful exercises. That’s okay. The exercises are pointing me in the direction of radiation and radiation is the last of all this process. I sure like being closer to the end.

I can do everything I could do before except lift and take a bath. I can only shower for a while; I forgot to ask how long. I’m happy to be able to shower without a shower chair and without drains! I am pretty stiff, but the more I exercise, the looser I get. My knee is lots better. Next week I think I can walk with Don, again. I’ll go easier and build up instead of walking so much at first. I have to be careful reaching, but I reach a lot and don’t have to call on Don for so much. God has been so generous with me with this healing. I sure thank Him for His care. Thank you for caring and for your prayers, too.

2 comments:

  1. Gina always takes the best pictures; doesn't she! They are a pretty bunch! It's a shame that I live so close and I haven't seen them lately! AGH! Just been so busy! I'm so glad that all your drains are out and that you are free of them.

    Elena's 1st Valentines Day was a bit rough...she is teething and just plain bitter. Bless her heart. She tried so hard to be happy but it just wasn't working for her today!

    HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! WE ALL LOVE YOU!

    JILLY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jilly, Gina's like Dad with the camera, but she doesn't always wear the same shirt! HA! Even after you move you'll still be close enough to see each other from time to time. You're closer than any of the rest of us and still will be. It's still great to be that close.

    Too bad Elena had a rough Valentine's Day. She'll get those teeth and make up for it on another day and be so sweet you can't resist her. Isn't unconditional love a wonderful thing so that we don't just love each other on one day?

    Just think of this time last year; it was pretty stressful wondering about her delivery, her weight, etc. Little Miss Miracle Girl has had quite a year and next week she can chomp right into her cake with those teeth!

    Love you all every day,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete