Friday, February 8, 2008

Wonderful Red Shirt Day!


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816

(Happy Birthday, Brian!)

The picture on the blog tonight is Elena saying, "Here, Mommy; it’s Daddy for you!" That’s one of the sweet pictures that Gretta’s sister-in-law sent last night. What a dolly and how sweet is Diane to share the precious pictures with me! Diane is one of the precious people God put into my life, not to mention Gretta’s!

Yesterday a good friend sent the following quote to me and I fully meant to use it last night, but I was so frazzled after yesterday that I couldn’t get my mind to wrap around it and get it said like I want. (Today has been a WONDERFUL day!)

"God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go."

I believe it is so true. We have been so blessed by the people in our lives and I sure give thanks to God for all the folks He sends right when we need them! If you are reading this, it’s because God put you in our lives right when we need you. Thank you so much for making our lives richer.

The friend’s mail had another quote which is even better:

"When there is nothing left but God, that is when you find out that God is all you need. "

I know that is so true. There have been a few times in my life when I got to nothing but me and God and found that He is all I need. What a joy that knowledge is. The times are tough, but the joy makes it worth it. I wish such a time for you. It doesn’t matter how tough the time is; the joy of knowing that God is all you need is so worth it because you also know that God is ALWAYS HERE and always loves and cares for us.

Thank you, Connie!

No comments:

Post a Comment