Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sweet memories; sweet nephews!



The picture on the blog today was taken the Sunday that I woke up from my nap with a fever. This was taken before the nap with Colter and Luke and I was feeling just fine, then. The boys were so much fun. I was a little mad at Colter because he has me ‘outfuzzed!’ Luke and I are still in the same league, but we’re going to have to get a clippie for Colter, soon! (If you can’t tell from those hints, Luke is on the left and Colter is on the right.)

Today was a good day. I learned today that Tylenol isn’t as good as Lortab! Ha! I also learned that I’m not as numb as I thought. I also learned that I can do just fine with Tylenol (But, it feels good to know that I have a stash of 12 Lortabs!) I had a spot on the back of my right upper arm that felt from time to time like I was backing into a hot pipe. Tuesday when we were at the hospital I noticed that the whole back of my arm felt like I was backing into that pipe. The doctor told me that it’s the nerves waking up in my arm. I’m thinking as these nerves begin to wake up I may be glad I saved something stronger than Tylenol. Anyway, I’m doing just fine, and learning all the way.

Today I was able to do laundry, with Don’s help of carrying over the clothes and bringing them back. The nurse yesterday suggested I should shower again because it’s good to help my wound heal and make the steri-strips fall off. (She insisted I smelled good in spite of only one shower; thanks to Avon!) So, I did come home and take a shower and did much better than I had last Saturday. I’m going to go hazard another one after I get the blog done.

God is great for taking care of us all the time. Don’t you imagine He surely must get tired? What a wealth He is to us!

4 comments:

  1. How big are those boys, and how old are they? It's funny...they look alike but you can sure tell which one belongs to Greg! He looks just like him! I just wondered how much bigger they were than Lainey and Raynie!

    You looked so cute in your pink yesterday!

    I'm sorry you are having the nerves waking up problem....I know that can't be fun.

    I love you mom! You too Pop!
    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo,

    Tricia is right...you looked so pretty in your pink yesterday, and "Mom lives on"!! That's what I thought when I saw that picture too. Everyone notices your "glow", and they see God through you too! Way to go girl!

    Love you!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jilly, I can't tell you exactly what those guys weigh, but I can tell you it's a LOT. Colter is more than I could hold for long even before surgery and I couldn't touch him, now! He's a CHUNK! He was born in June, I think. I think Luke was born in February, but I get so confused with these kinds of details, anymore. They weigh close to the same, but Colter is more the baby so you have to hold him. Luke is more 'grown up' in attitude and he climbs up you and is holding on, so he's not so 'heavy' to hold, unless he wants down and then he's going down! They are both such precious boys, but they are way bigger than Lainey and Raynie.

    Today the nerves seem to be sleeping more or else they are more awake and not so on fire. Anyway, it's better.

    You love makes us complete; we love you too! So glad you are healing, too!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ruthie. It's so funny how I see Mom in me sometimes; my hands, especially look like hers. It really blows me away, so when others see it, it relieves me. Sometimes I shake my head and think I'm in a re-run or something! It's really cool. I think that our teeth grinding is a Fox thing. I remember Uncle Fay and Aunt Dibbie doing it, as well as Mom. It's all interesting; these genes! I'm pleased to be a part of a great clan and strong legacy.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete