Saturday, February 16, 2008

Quiet Saturday after all.


7490 Brompton, Apt.442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

The picture on the blog tonight is our son, David, and his wife, Susan, with their daughter, Erica, and their son, Bruce. Erica is the oldest of our grandkids, and she is 17. Bruce is 13, and he our most serious ball player. His tournament baseball has already started and I’m hating to miss the games! I can hardly wait to get back into the swing of ball season. This picture is over a year old, but it’s amazing how little they change except the kids get so TALL! David has just bought a business in Norman, Oklahoma, so he has an apartment there. Susan and the kids still live in Wichita Falls and plan to until Erica graduates. David travels in his business over northern Texas and southern Oklahoma, plus he makes all of Bruce’s games, so he pretty much lives in his truck.

Today has been an easy, restful Saturday. We didn’t have any plans because we were expecting our friend, Terri, to come. I called her last night when they were predicting tornadoes here for all afternoon today. I didn’t want her to come and be in the middle of a bunch of horrible weather, so she’s coming tomorrow, instead. Well, the weathermen were off target, so we haven’t had horrible weather. It is raining, but it’s not storming. I guess it’s better to be safe than sorry. We have as sweet visit to look forward to for tomorrow, now.

We watched a movie on TV while I hemmed a pair of pants and took in another couple of pairs. I can’t wear suspenders forever and a couple of pairs kept falling even though I didn’t have the drains on them. I wish it was because I’ve lost weight, but it’s not that; these were some that were too big already, and they needed adjusting. I also got a good nap this afternoon. I’ve got my evening exercises yet to do and then I’m ready for bed. The exercises are amazing me. They hurt, but my range of motion is increasing, already.

I thank God for my opportunity to heal so well. I thank him for wonderful family and for their health and happiness. We are richly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment