Saturday, March 22, 2008

Another bargain bouquet.


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbctglobal.net

The picture on the blog tonight is welcoming you to my slumber party. Just kidding; we’re going to bed early! I said that, though, because I have on my favorite pajamas these days. I’m standing by the flower bargain we got at Kroger’s today. $1 for the gladiolas and the others were left from last week’s bouquet. There were others left from the bouquet that I used for a vase on the table. I’ll put it on the blog another day.

We walked for the 11th day in a row. It was beautiful here for our walking. We slept late this morning and then went to yard sales before going to brunch at the Golden Coral. Then we came home and walked for an hour. Then we laid out by the pool, collecting some vitamin D for a while. I came in and iced my knee, and ‘poof’ the day was gone! Well, somewhere in there were exercises (besides the walking).

We are grateful for the experience we’ve had here. It’s been good and I am fully recovered from the surgery. The radiation isn’t bothering me; well, maybe a little itching, but that’s all so far. I can make it three more weeks. We are so ready to be home and get on with life as we used to know it. I don’t imagine it will ever be the same, but it will always be good. God is so gracious to us. I am so thankful that He has us in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment