Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter (and Happy Birthday John Hodge)!


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

Here is the picture of the bouquet I made for the table with last week’s left over flowers. I keep them right there with the picture of the kids.

Today was a really wonderful Easter. We went to a great Sunday School class and then went in for the main service until we had to leave to go to the nursing home where Doris and Jerry help do a service once a month. During the song service a student from Abilene Christian College was behind the song leader drawing scenes to represent the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. It was very interesting and I’m glad we got to see that before we left.

After the service at the nursing home we went to Brett and Heather’s house for a really good dinner with family members from both their families. I think there were about 20 of us there. The food was really good and the company was really fun. It was really fun to watch the kids. It’s great for us to share these kids since we are missing our kids so much. Heather and Stephanie took pictures, so when they share with me, I’ll put some on the blog.

How great is our God to provide so richly for us, even for our salvation and eternal life! Someone sent me an email yesterday that suggested that when we go to bed each night we think of something to thank God for that we haven’t thanked Him for previously. I like that, because when I start giving thanks, I tend to start with all the same things and fall asleep before long and yet there is so much for which to give thanks!

High on my list of thanks is the ability to walk an hour each day. We came home and did our 12th day in a row today. PTL! I need to also tell you that I’ve been able to sleep on either side for the last week; even without using the wedge! I’m so enjoying that and thank God for it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment