Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Friday!


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

This picture is one of the ones Don took when we got home yesterday from our walk. I always have him take 3 or 4 because I usually manage to close my eyes for one and he wiggles and blurs another; hopefully, we get one we can use for the blog. Yesterday we got lucky and got TWO we could use! It’s a wonder because that walk is hard on both of us. He can walk it really well, but it’s the dragging me that’s so hard on him.

Sometime in the last 24 hours he said, "I can’t believe you’re doing so well with this walking. Don’t your legs hurt or anything." ANYTHING????? EVERYTHING hurts! Actually, it’s not that bad. I am feeling muscles I’d forgotten that I had. I’m thanking God that He gave me these muscles, the sunshine to use them, and a husband to drag me. I’m really convinced that this walking is good for me in so many ways. Of course it’s good for my muscles, but it’s the kind of weight bearing exercise that will help me to build up my bone strength, too. Plus it has to be good for circulation, both blood and lymph. I’m really so glad that Don takes the lead in our walking; I’m sure it’s good for him, too. God has been great to bring us to a great place for walking as far as location and weather goes. The trail is really great. It’s close to our apartment, but we’ve walked all the nearby trails, so we’ve been driving to the other ends where he hasn’t walked. Today he completed walking the whole trail. I’m thrilled to be with him; I don’t have a goal to walk the whole trail, so we won’t be catching up the days I missed.

Today was red shirt day so we both wore T-shirts that had Oklahoma on them. Some guy at the trail hollered and told us we could get killed in Texas wearing OU shirts! YIKES! He was being friendly, but some just might not be. The stick might come in handier than I think! I thank God for red shirts and the troops we support with them. I thank him for friendly Texans, too!

4 comments:

  1. hello maryjo

    you look amazing,I wish we had been walking with you :)
    we had a nice day watching lots of films,we did some sculpting,jaykey made play doh pizza...was delish!
    and finn made a snail,he is very sweet.
    wish you were here or we were there,thankyou God for connecting us

    love to you from all of us

    amanda,mike,finn and jaykey
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is finn

    hello

    i am doing fime
    how are you?
    i saw some books for sale in the libray van
    I EVEN FOuND A ,,BIKING,,book
    it by ,,HUGH McMANNERS,, it tells me everything there's even BIKE GAMes sal [yikes]
    urmmmmmmmm,,,,, do yo hunt for ROCKS ?
    i will send you something
    special !
    lotsa lovvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeee ddddddddddooooovvvvvvvee
    finn
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxx
    xxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Amanda, Mike, Finn and Jaykey; thank God for connecting us! You all are such a sweet, loving family. You are all so talented. I went to your blog Amanda and read all about the babies and your joy in making them. Finn, I went to your blog and read about your Disney fantasy, too! You and Jaykey are sure sweet to help Mommy with the babies and love them with her. Thank you for keeping up with me!

    Love,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finn, you are so kind to write to me! So you are learning all about bikes and even games. Yes, I love to collect rocks that have interesting shapes or designs in them! Are you interested in rocks, too? You are a sweetheart to send me lots of kisses (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). I'll think of you when I see fun rocks.

    Love you lots,

    Mary Jo XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete