Thursday, March 6, 2008

Jesus paid the price for all of us.


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

If you read the blog everyday you’ll remember that Elena explores everything with her ring finger before she puts it into her mouth. Today’s picture shows her exploring her birthday cake while she keeps an eye out to see if there is going to be a "rule" about exploring your birthday cake.

Today went well. I had an MRI done on my knee and we should have the results of it by next Tuesday when I see the chiropractor. My knee is feeling lots better, too. It’s raining cats and dogs, so we aren’t testing it by walking; maybe this weekend. Day 4 at the radiation camp went well; no problems or side effects.

Tomorrow I’m doing a retreat all day at the hospital; I’ll leave 5 minutes early to get downstairs for my radiation treatment. Don is batching it tomorrow; he’ll be fine because I’m leaving lunch for him and he’s a grown up, after all!

I do radiation at the same time as a lady from Lafayette, Louisiana and she’s a dear. She finds a way to preach a little sermon in her own way everyday in our waiting area; I love it. She is 69 and is having trouble with her range of motion so she is having therapy twice a week. She said, "If this is the worst thing that comes out of this, I’m okay with it!" I said, "Sure; it’s a lot better than being dead." She responded, "I never worried about that, either, because the day I die is the day I’ll be walking on streets of gold . . . not because I’m so good but because my Jesus is good and he paid the price for me." I could only say, "Amen; preach it, Sister!" She didn’t say it in a haughty way, but in a loving way. She’s a nice lady and I’m glad to have the opportunity to spend some time with her. God is so good; I hope the other girls appreciate her, too.

2 comments:

  1. Get ready Grandma, Elena with her commanding presence looks like she is already geared up to tell everyone what to do next. Again, seeing that little pinky curled brings makes me laugh. Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a hoot, all right! She's going to keep us all entertained and busy; that's for sure!

    Have a good weekend, Ann.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete