Tuesday, March 11, 2008

PTL


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

Whew! Busy day, so I’m hiding in my cammies. Really, everything went well today.

At my check up this morning, we learned that my thyroid seems to be responding well to the medicine they gave me for hypothyroidism. I’ve had it for years, and was taking Naturethroid, a natural pill for it. They wanted me on a mainstream pill for before the surgery to be sure I could wake up after the anesthesia.

At the chiropractor today he gave me the results of my MRI. There is nothing wrong with my knee other than arthritis and some cysts that fill up and bother me from time to time. That’s no big deal. Nothing requires surgery; I can walk and not hurt anything even if it is painful for me. I can be adjusted from time to time to help me cope with the pain, plus Tiger Balm does wonders. We were glad to know that no surgery is required.

At the radiology oncologist this afternoon we learned that the radiation is going well. They are pleased that I am walking. I did walk 45 minutes on Saturday and then we walked for an hour today. Whoopee! My knee didn’t give me any trouble Saturday or today.

So, like gray hair, this little old lady has old knees and we can accept both of those as good news. At least I have more and more hair and I’m able to walk! PTL!! We’re thanking God for all the good news and for knees good enough to walk in this awesome weather. It’s wonderful to be where it’s warm and to be able to enjoy it. God is great! I’m so grateful to be able to wear shoes to walk, too! My neuropathy is SO much better! Thank you, God!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE CAMMOS! I WANT SOME! All is good here! We are meeting the builder at the lot today and are in the final steps before beginning our dig! I'M SO EXCITED! Very busy though! Elena waves "hi" now....too cute! She had a fever on/off yesterday and last night, hopefully she will improve today! Joe and Patrick are moving most of the stuff out of the house on Saturday! It will be sooo nice not to have it here! Then the kids and I are going to go spend Saturday night with Gina! We are really excited about that too!

    I'll talk to you soon! Love you!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jilly! I'm glad all is good there and glad you're excited about the building project. I'd sure love to see Elena waving 'hi!' She's going to capture so many folks and wrap them around her little finger that they might hinder her ring finger exploring! I sure hope she gets past the fever and skips being sick!

    Wow, it'll be nice to get all the stuff moved and make some space in your house. You may decide you don't need all that stuff after all!

    Have fun at Gina's! That'll be a fun time! Give them all our love.

    Love,

    Mom

    PS: I'll look for some cammie Jammies for you. :) You can be a 2nd generation military brat; Dad was in ROTC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those cammos realy suit you!you have set off a trend now maryjo!

    elena is of course adorable-I love the ring finger thing,I am gonna have to try that out for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda! It's so good to hear from you on the blog! Thank you for pardoning and even accepting my presentation to the world in jammies!

    Thanks for loving our sweet Elena, too. She's sure a joy. That ring finger exploration sure seems to work for her.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete