Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sadie celebration continues.



7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

The pictures on the blog tonight are from my Sadie collection. The first one is from 3 (was it 4?) years ago when she was so proud of a loose tooth. The second one is from this January when we were in Branson and Uncle Phil got this shot of her making some notes in her diary, maybe. I think she’s a real beauty (Grammy is so objective!). I should have put these pictures on yesterday’s blog when it was her birthday, but we’ll stretch out the celebration. Sadie is Tricia’s oldest daughter, and she turned 11 yesterday.

It feels so good to be thinking of going home! And, my nails are getting long; it’s fun to have my ‘tools’ again, but I don’t think I’ll let them get very long. Short is so easy. Tonight is my first night without taking gabapentin; that’s the drug for the peripheral neuropathy, and I’ve been weaning down off of it. I’m a little scared, because my fingers are still a little sore. The worst was my toes, though, and they aren’t hurting anymore. I’ll see if I have shooting pains when I quit taking it and if I do, I’ll have to go back to taking it for a while. I suspect I will be fine without it. I sure thank God for recovering from the neuropathy; that’s the only side effect of chemo that they say doesn’t always disappear when the chemo is over. I love being able to wear shoes with toes, again! God is GREAT!

Last night Heather sent great Easter pictures. I’ll get them onto the blog over the next few days. (This sounds like TV baiting you to come back after the commercial!)

2 comments:

  1. Greetings to Don and you on another Red day.Seeing Sadie's pictures is just another reminder of my thanks to our troops for their fight to make this a better world for our grandchildren.Yesterday I thought of you as I was cutting Daffodils and white and purple irises and knowing that you will be doing the same in a couple of weeks. Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ann, you are so right about the troops and their sacrifice to make this world a better place for our grandchildren! Thanks for thinking of me as you cut flowers, too. You are so right! I can hardly wait to be cutting my own flowers. I'm enjoying these from Kroger's, but it'll be so good to be home to my own 'good earth!' Just 2 more weeks!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete