Monday, March 10, 2008

Slept 'til noon!


7490 Brompton, Apt.442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

Today’s picture is one Don took when we got home from today’s treatment. It was cool today because it’s rained all day, so I was glad to have a sweat shirt to keep me warm.

Yesterday was such a full day I fell into bed a little after 9 last night. I got up at 7:30 and fixed breakfast and then went right back to bed and slept until noon. What a lazy day, but I sure felt better when I got up the second time! I think having such a full day on the heels of a short night (time change) was reckless of me. Tomorrow is another full day. We have to get up at 5:30 to get the shuttle for MD Anderson; my appointments start at 7:30 and go all day, so we’re taking the shuttle. It’s not like anything important is happening, it’s just full of check ups; then the rest of the week is pretty easy. I start having the radiation treatments at 7:30 in the morning on Wednesday; we asked for that schedule so that we can get the treatment out of the way and then have the day to do whatever we want.

If I’m not dead tired, I’m feeling really good. The feeling is starting to come back in my chest; I could feel the tech drawing lines on me today and I never could feel it before. He doesn’t draw new lines everyday, but he has to retouch the old lines as they wear off. God is so gracious to give me numbness for 5 weeks while I heal! My left arm is almost back to normal and the right arm is much improved. I still can’t sleep on my side, but I can sleep ‘to the side with the use of that big wedge that someone left here. All the peach fuzz I EVER had is back on my face. I’m so fuzzy! My arms are way fuzzy, too. My legs have a few hairs, but nothing like they used to have; the electric razor takes care of them really well. The hair on my head feels like hair, now and I have ‘hat head’ when I take my hat off. I think I won’t be wearing hats for much longer because it’s not cold and I hate the ‘hat head.’ This is an interesting process.

2 comments:

  1. Jo,

    You are like Kailan again--look so good for what you are going through. Love the pictures and updates. Keep up the good work and enjoy your Texas "vacation".

    Eleana is so cute and I love the pictures of her. Thanks!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, you pay me the greatest compliment when you put me in a league with Kailan! She's my hero and I sure hope I can 'grow up' to be like her in some way.

    I'm really glad you're enjoying the pictures; the ones of me get old, but the kids are such a delight to us. We have to thrive on their pictures since we miss them all so much. I hope people don't ever get tired of seeing them!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete