Sunday, March 30, 2008

More Easter pictures; Doris and Don look alike.


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

Tonight’s picture is Doris and Jerry with Don and I last week at the Easter gathering. It was a great day.

We enjoyed today, too. We met them at church and saw everyone except Luke. He had spent the weekend with Heather’s parents, so we really missed him.

After church and lunch at Luby’s we came home and took a nap. Then Don watched basketball on TV and I walked my hour by myself. I took my stick, but never had to use it. I just walked around the apartment complex, so I didn’t go anywhere that was the least bit risky. The weather was perfect for walking and I enjoyed noticing all the different license plates in the parking lot.

It felt so good to be out walking and I felt so brave to be out there by myself. I always feel like I’ll fall if I don’t have Don to help me keep my balance, so it was empowering to go by myself. I missed his company, and I was really glad when I looked up and he had come to find me. I had told him I’d walk for 30 minutes and then come back, so after 45 minutes he was worried. I didn’t mean that I was only going to walk for 30 minutes; I meant I was going to walk for 30 minutes and then trace my steps and do the 30 minutes again to make an hour. That’s how communication goes or fails, huh? I had my cell phone in my pocket and he didn’t think to call me. More communication problems, huh? Anyway, he walked the last bit with me and that was fun.

I called my friend, Jo, who joined us in Hawaii last year and she had fallen a few weeks ago and broken her wrist. She had to have surgery to pin it and set it right and now she’s doing physical therapy to get back her strength and range of motion. She’s working to touch each finger on her hand to her thumb and the little finger isn’t cooperating yet. That reminded me that I can touch all my fingers to my thumbs and I can walk for an hour BY MYSELF! God is so good to us! Jo is also a breast cancer survivor (over 10 years), so we are all counting our blessings!

2 comments:

  1. I PROPOSE A HOBART OR HOUSTON THANKSGIVING THIS YEAR! A BIG ONE! :) ANY THOUGHTS ON THAT FROM YOU GUYS?

    I AM SO GRATEFUL TO HEATHER FOR THE PICTURES THAT SHE SHARED AND I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HER AND SEE EVERYONE SOMEDAY! BRETT AND GREG SURE HAVE BEAUTIFUL FAMILIES!

    Love you!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful families is for sure! I'd love to have a big Thanksgiving ANYWHERE! You're all welcome to come to Hobart. Let's see what we can make happen!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete