Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Museum day.


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

The picture on the blog today is me as we headed out for radiation this morning. Gretta, you’ll remember this shirt from when we lived in OKC! I raided my closet of everything that buttons down the front to bring down here. It turns out that I only needed those shirts for a couple of weeks, but it comes in handy to have it for layering on cool mornings.

I did all my exercises this morning and then Doris and a friend from church came to go to lunch and the museum with us this afternoon. They have a Leonardo da Vinci show and it’s amazing what a thinker he was, not to mention painter! Besides that there was enough to see to keep us busy for a week, but we sailed through in a couple of hours. There was a little girl there with her mother and when we went into the dark room that housed all the gems she was petrified of the dark! The jewelry was beautiful, but she was having NONE of it; she was screaming, "I’m so scared of the dark!" I felt so sorry for her. Her mother gave up and took her out into the rest of the museum and the next thing I heard was the same little girl screaming IN GLEE and pointing to the display that had a bunch of animals; down on her level was a little "SNAKE!!!" That snake didn’t scare her a bit. Go figure. Kids are the best!

The museum wore us out and I walked way more than an hour in there! God is so gracious to give us good feet and knees that mend!

Today was the 2nd day of the 4th week of 6 weeks of radiation. They gave me some lotion to apply to my skin that is itching. I have to apply it between the markings; now THAT will be a trick. I have everything but the Santa Clause on my chest; to rub lotion in between the lines will be tricky. I’ll do my best, though. God will see me through the itch, I’m sure! Thanks for reading and caring!

4 comments:

  1. Well, aren't you the "spiffy" one!! I'm so glad you are able to get out and enjoy the museam! If we tell anyone what you'be been through the past 16 months or so (?) and they see your pictures, they would say "You've got to be kidding!!" You look absolutely wonderful, and I'm sure knowing another stage is almost history is adding to your "glow"! I'm so happy for you...hang in there Little One...you are going to make it!

    Love you!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie, I'm sure hanging in here! The last 16 months have been a whole new experience and I've learned a lot. One thing I learned is to have Don take at least 3 pictures, so we can get a good one. I love how we can just delete the ones that look like the last 16 months have been hairy! They really haven't been all that bad and I've sure had an awakening to many things I took for granted for too long. Thanks for your encouraging support all the way!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you could make that museum trip...now thats my kinda stuff MaryJo...I know it had to lift your spirts (even tho it wore you out). You are looking fantastic...keep it up. Pretty soon you will need scrunchies for your pony tails (yeah, i know you never let your hair get that long).
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, you're right, I can't imagine me with hair long enough for a scrunchie . . . I think it's been about 20 years since I had hair long enough for a scrunchie. it might be fun, though, I think not. Ha! I've tasted bald and it sure was easy. It was too cold for my likes, though. I think I'd like about another inch of hair and that's enough. I think the eyebrows and lashes help a lot even if they are so light. I'm feeling really good, so I'm pleased that it shows some. Dana, thanks for keeping up with me; it feels good to know you are monitoring me!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete