Monday, March 17, 2008

Compare the hair growth.



7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

You’ll have to pardon me for two pictures, but I wanted to compare the hair growth over the last 7 weeks. The first picture was on Jan. 23rd when Judy was sharing her hair with me. The second one was taken on March 12th, seven weeks later. Maybe you can’t tell, but there is about ½ inch of growth there. I figure I’ll need a couple of inches before it’ll look like much of a hair style, but I’m getting there and thought you might be interested.

Today Don and I walked for the 7th day in a row with no knee problems. God is so good to me! We were pleased that we didn’t get the predicted rain, so we got to walk around the nearby neighborhood some more. The houses here are amazing. Don calls them monsters. They are lovely, but we look at them and think of the cleaning and yard work; just thinking of it knocks us flat. Of course these people have yard men and housekeepers. We are blessed to have Angela to help us keep the house clean a couple of times a month at home and Joan to keep the yard in shape.

Tonight Dancing With the Stars begins and we’ll watch in amazement at the moves those people can make. We are so pleased and thankful to God to be able to walk for about an hour every day. I continue to do my exercises and am so grateful for the range of motion that I’ve regained. The exercises are a big help, but I believe God is taking care of me and I thank Him for that. I thank Him for the memory of my mom’s great example to me for exercising, too. She got up every morning and tip-toed all through the house, holding the broom over her head as high as she could reach. We used to think it was pretty funny, but, now, I respect her so much and treasure my memories of her diligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment