Friday, March 21, 2008

Plans for the weekend.


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

The picture on the blog tonight is one of my sister, Ruth, her husband, a friendly stuffed bear, and me when we were up at Big Cedar back just after Christmas. I wanted to say that was Don with us, but, of course he was taking the picture. We were all staying in Branson, but the Big Cedar Lodge is just south of Branson and a favorite place of ours to prowl. I wanted to put this picture on here, so you could look back a couple of days and see if you think Ruthie looks like our mom; most of us think so. I get to claim our mom’s white hair, though. Ruthie only has about 6 of those, I think; she got our dad’s dark hair. I got his receding hairline, though! I’ll have to find a picture of him to put on the blog when we get home. I don’t have one with me, but I think of him so often. One of his favorite things to say was "Happy Easter Egg," so this time of year was when he was really on target!

Today was our 10th day for me to walk an hour or more. I’m really pleased to be able to maintain that walking. I also completed the halfway mark on my radiation treatments, too. That feels good. So far I’m not having any side effects from the radiation.

Tomorrow we’re going yard sale-ing and then out for brunch. Sunday we are going Easter Egg hunting with Doris’ family. We’ll have Easter dinner at Brett and Heather’s home; it’ll be a great celebration of Easter.

Every day is a good day to celebrate Easter, in my opinion. Sunday will be special, though. Every day is a special day; having cancer makes that more and more obvious. I hope you don’t wait for a wake up call of your own; feel free to use mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment