Saturday, March 1, 2008

March already!


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

The picture on the blog today is one of the Feb. 15 flower bargains; this bouquet had been $27 and we got it for $2. It’s STILL looking pretty, and this is two weeks later! I love it! And, Ann, the azaleas are starting to look dazzling all around here. I must remember to take my camera out and get some good pictures, soon.

Tomorrow we’re going to Doris and Jerry’s house for lunch. We’ll meet them at church and then both their boys and their families will join us at their house for Sunday dinner. It’s Jerry’s birthday, so we’re celebrating his birthday and my ‘done with surgery and ready for radiation day.’

I did my trial run for the radiation yesterday. They showed me where to go and all the processes I will do everyday for treatments. I think it’s no big deal, but I just had to know where to go and what to do. When they got me all set in the machine they did x-rays instead of radiation; that will determine if I’m all lined up right. Monday they’d made a mold for my body to fit into, so I just go get into my mold everyday. They put even more marks on me and said they will add some more on Monday. I look pretty bizarre, but I can cover most of it with clothes. If I had a turtleneck I could cover it all, but then I’d choke; I hate turtlenecks!

My nerves in my arms are still waking, so I have some pains there, but it’s better or else I’m getting used to it. I think it’s better. I don’t have any other pains except my knees. I haven’t even had a Tylenol in a couple of days, so I’m doing really well. My range of motion is very good, so I’m pleased with that, too. My knees are better. I’ll see the chiropractor again on Monday; he’s really working hard with me to get me back to walking while we are here. I’ve walked 4 days this week, so I must be getting better.

I thank God for my progress. It’s really amazing that I’m doing so well. I can hardly believe I had a double mastectomy a month ago! It still feels like I have breasts, they just don’t happen to be there. I knew about phantom pain, but I didn’t realize I’d still feel like I have breasts. God is so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment