Thursday, March 20, 2008

My body is here but my heart is at home.


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

The picture on the blog tonight is another one of me sitting at the computer. It’s where I spend lots of my sitting time. This one gives you a pretty good shot of my ‘tic tac toe’ chest. When my radiation is done I can take a shower facing the water and SCRUB off these marks! I think that, but when I get there I’ll probably learn that my skin is too sensitive to scrub. That’s okay. I’ll let it wear off and be happy. I’ll be glad to be done and to head home. I packed our flannel sheets today, thinking it’ll be warm enough that the regular cotton sheets will feel good. If I touch something I think we won’t use, I’m packing it. Home is calling!

Today made my 10th day in a row of walking an hour or more. I’m sure thanking God for the ability to do it. As far as my surgery goes, I am totally healed. The radiation is not bothering me a bit. It’s simply something I have to do every day. I have 30 treatments to do and tomorrow is my 15th one, so I’ll be half way done in the morning! We’re sure enjoying being near Doris and Jerry and their families while we’re close, though. Judy will be home from Japan in a couple of weeks and we’ll get to see her a bit before we go home, too. It’s been great to visit with friends and family here, but home is so sweet. I think I might get home in time to see some of my irises in bloom! I thank God for home and for this home away from home. We’ve been so blessed with comfort, family and friends, not to mention my healing. I really feel good, and I thank God for that, too! I’m also very grateful to the friends at home who are looking after our house and yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment