Saturday, March 15, 2008

Azaleas!


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816

This is a picture of me as we walked past a beautiful bunch of azaleas not too far from our apartment. I was standing about 3 feet off the sidewalk in these people’s yard; I don’t guess they even saw us, but if they did they probably thought it was pretty funny. I couldn’t pass up a picture with the azaleas. Can you believe they let me bum around Houston in that get up and with that stick? I thank God that nobody seems to even notice and we walk peacefully.

This morning we went to a conference at MD Anderson that was wonderful. "Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer Patient Conference." It was so informative! We enjoyed every minute of it and we learned so much. They had great sponsors and we were treated so well. Tomorrow I’ll have to dress up in the T-shirt they gave us and even a pink cowgirl hat (It’s the big Rodeo season here in Houston.) The tables had beautiful live floral centerpieces and they sent those home with us! That was the ticket for me! Those flowers are so beautiful. I’ll be sure to get those pictures on the blog tomorrow.

We came home and had a quick lunch and then went out for our walk. We walked in a great neighborhood and it was really a fun walk. I think I like walking the neighborhood better than the trail because it’s so interesting to see the houses and yards that I don’t even notice that we’re walking.

God is great to give us so many opportunities. I feel truly blessed to have had the learning experience that we had today. I thank God for the awesome weather we are having, too. I’ve been able to walk every day since Tuesday; that’s 5 days! We hope to get home from church tomorrow in time to walk again. I sure thank God for these blessings.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mom!

    You look soooo good! I'm so glad that you are walking! Those azaleas are beautiful, I'm going to miss mine when we leave! I'm hoping my soil is the right kind out there where we are building to grow azaleas and such!

    We changed our floor plan totally! You will have to call me so that I can show you the new house! It is from the "coastal series" so it's a typical house you would see on a beach or at the lake! HUGE front porch with lots of windows, glass doors and light!!! It will be soooo nice to sit on our porch and look out at the farms! Layna will probably run to the front door everytime the "choo choo" goes by! Garrett really enjoyed it the other day when we visited, he and Joe were throwing snowballs at the train as it went by! Too fun!

    I'll talk to you soon!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooo beautiful azaleas MaryJo...ours have not started blooming yet. Loved this early treat. dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jilly, Azaleas will be so beautiful around that porch on the new house! You'll have fun landscaping, again. I'll send you a bunch of irises.

    Your new house sounds wonderful! I love the new plan!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Dana! It's so great that your azaleas haven't bloomed, yet because you can look forward to that. They are so beautiful! You'll have to send me a picture when yours bloom.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete