Monday, March 3, 2008

First radiation treatment done!


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

The picture on the blog today is one that came with her birthday pictures; poor baby doesn’t have enough toys. JOKING! She’s enjoying them it appears, but most of all she’s proud to have those teeth!

My first day of radiation went without comment. They were running behind so there were 8 of us waiting in the waiting room for treatments. You’d think it was a teenage slumber party because everyone was talking at once! I was surprised to see that all of them except 2 were younger than me; one only 26! I listened and was surprised at the subjects of conversation; none of it seemed worth the breath it took to me, but I guess chattering is how they cope. I enjoyed the peace and quiet of my treatment, so I guess that says something about my age, huh?

I’ve decided it’s a good thing they aren’t tattooing me because these marks will disappear in time, but the tattoos would stay with me forever. You really wouldn’t believe all the markings on my chest. They added green today.

This morning I saw the chiropractor again and my knee continues to get better. I compared how it is today to how it was this time last week and it’s way better. That’s good for only a week. Again, I have to thank God for all the good care I’m getting, for the breast cancer AND the knee problem. God is great and sends who we need. I believe it and thank Him.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jo, what a surprise to see you did feel up to sending an update after your radiation treatment yesterday. I know nothing of that but I was thinking you wouldn't feel up to doing that. Knowing you, I should know that you can do a lot of things I could never do. Thank you so much for letting us know. I got up yesterday morning with a prayer for you and my thoughts were with you all day. Glad your knee is better too. Just keep up the good work. We just love the picture of the beautiful Elena with the beautiful blue eyes and teeth!!
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot, Frazier and Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Dot. I'm really feeling awfully good. Radiation is not difficult or painful. I only have to be still and that's about like being quiet in that it's a new trick for me!

    You are so precious to keep me in your prayers and to think such positive thoughts in my direction. Thank you very much!

    Thank you for enjoying the pictures of our grandkids, too. They are sure precious to us.

    Love you all,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete