Friday, March 7, 2008

Retreat was a bust.


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

The picture on the blog today is me doing some of my stretching exercises before I left for the retreat this morning. That hair on the back of my neck is getting pretty woolly, again, so I’d better trim it this weekend.

The retreat was a bust, in my opinion. It felt like the facilitators were doing their job, but they’d prepared for a 3rd grade class and we were college graduates. There were only 13 of us there, so the people who did their jobs got paid and it only wasted time for 13 ladies. Actually, I think some of them thought it was good, so I guess the facilitators were prepared for them and I was in the wrong place. I AM learning that MANY people have their cancer return or they have another cancer. It teaches me that I have to CHANGE my lifestyle or another cancer will homestead with me, so I’m more convicted to de-stress and keep up with my diet.

Don did a great job while I was gone. He vacuumed and he bought dinner on the way home, so I didn’t even have to cook when we got home. I caught up on emails (I think; if I owe you an email, remind me!) and I’m going to bed early. It’s cold here; in the 40’s. We’re spoiled to warmer weather since we’ve been here, so I’m going to wrap up in the electric throw that Terri gave me and the quilt Diana made.

I thank God for the internet to keep in touch with all of you and to do research so that I don’t have to be in the 3rd grade for the rest of my life! God is great. People are great; bad people make big noises and we forget how quiet the good people are. One of the good people called me to start today off nicely this morning; a high school classmate was in Houston and called to say hello. Tommy (Warmbrode), send me an email; I don't have your email address with me, and thanks for the call!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I can't believe you want to cut your 'hair' already!!! You're really back to normal now. Sorry your retreat was a letdown. Next time they have one, play hooky and go do something else you like instead. Retreat from the retreat!!

    Love,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish, you have the most refreshing way of looking at things. You're right; I'm going to boycot the next 'whatever' they have. I'll just stay home and trim my hair. HA! I'm just going to trim the woolly part around my neck . . . not a real hair cut!

    I love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete