Saturday, March 8, 2008

Walked 45 minutes!


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77205
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

The picture on the blog tonight is me as I left to go to the retreat on Friday. We should have made more pictures today, but we forgot to do it.

We walked for 45 minutes today and my knee didn’t bother me at all. I surely thank God for that! It’s been bothering me for the last several weeks, so it was so nice to get out and walk today. It was also beautiful here, so it was great for walking.

We’re going to bed early tonight since the time is changing tonight. We’re going to meet Doris and Jerry for church tomorrow and then Don will spend the afternoon with them while I drive up to see another Itazuke friend. My friend, Charlotte lives about ½ hour north of Doris and Jerry and she’s had two surgeries since we’ve been here. Usually when I come to Houston I cut her hair, so I’m going up to give her a hair cut tomorrow. She used to live in Houston and she’s moved out to Cleveland, so I’ll get to see her new house, too. I will only stay long enough to see her house and give her a haircut, then I’ll come back and pick up Don and we’ll come back home before I wear completely out. It’ll be a great day. I’m driving for the first time since surgery. It won’t be any problem. I can do everything just fine and the traffic going that direction from Doris’ house isn’t that bad on Sunday.

Take some time to count the blessings! We’re so grateful when we think about it and don’t take everything for granted. God is so generous to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment