Sunday, March 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jerry!



7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

We met Doris and Jerry and the boys and their families at church and then went to dinner with them all at Doris and Jerry’s house. Dinner was delicious, but the kids were the absolute best. Luke, at 11 months, is walking around, holding onto everything; he’ll let go and stand, but doesn’t go solo yet. Colter, at 9 months, took off crawling yesterday and he’s getting the hang of it really well. In today’s pictures you’ll see Luke standing on the sofa and Colter crawling in the background. Luke has a mouthful of teeth since we were here last! The second picture is Colt, on his way to crawling position. He looks more like Gregg every day, I think. If you clicked on yesterday’s blog picture you’d see more pictures of these guys in front of my flowers.

We came home from our day of celebration and took off for a walk. I made it 5 minutes before my knee snapped out on me, so we headed back. I iced it and it’s doing okay. I see the chiropractor in the morning.

Tomorrow my first radiation treatment is at 4:00. I don’t expect to feel or notice anything tomorrow. I think it’ll be a week or maybe longer before I notice any side effects. I’m not concentrating on the side effects, anyway. The important thing is that I complete them to have the best chance at beating this cancer. I will do my part. I thank God for the opportunity to do this. So many people don’t have the support I’ve had. Don is so awesome. Doris and Jerry and Judy and Aki have been so hospitable. I believe I’m getting the best care there is, and I’m so grateful for the opportunity to have family and friends close and a home away from home at that. Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment