Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wow, another great day!




The picture on the blog tonight is another one I took at the Grand Village shops in Branson. This is Brian's dad, Dorrel sitting with Don as Ethan looks over their shoulders. That's Kyle in the back on the right sliding down that banister; it wasn't steep enough for him to slide, but he sure gave it a good attempt.


Today was another great day here. The wind wasn't brutal and it was in the 60's so it was really nice for walking. We got some sun in the yard, again, too. My face is even pink; I'm so glad to see some color! Woo-hoo! I'll have to get Don to take a picture tomorrow; I've already had my bath, so no makeup, hair's a mess, etc. No pictures tonight! I sure thank God for the sunshine, and light breazy wind, though. What a great opportunity to get into shape for lots of hiking, walking and sun in Hawaii.


I did ALL my exercises today for the first time since we went to Branson for spring breaks. There was just never time to get it all done. I did really well without everything, and I got a good mix done all the time, but I just didn't get it ALL done. I didn't even take the jiggler with me because we didn't have room in the car. I won't take it to Hawaii, either, so it was a good time to see how it works without it. My back hurts without it! I can get by, though. If I lay down for the same 15 minutes, that's a big help. Mostly my back just needs rest, I think. I'm never good at resting. I just keep going. I'd better remember to rest, though. I don't want to have to face chemo again to learn the skill of resting. I'm preaching it hard to myself. I feel so good that it's easy to slip back into my old patterns of going until I fall.



I'm pretty pleased that my arm has done so well with minimal exercises. It helped to have the massager that Gina gave me. I'll take it to Hawaii for my arm and Don can use it on my back if I need it. This lymphedema has been another learning experience. I've learned to sleep with my arm elevated and that seems to help.



So, that's how it goes with us. We are catching up around here from being gone so much. On the other hand, as we go through each day, we think what we will be taking to Hawaii, in one suitcase each, that will allow us to live somewhat like we normally do. It's good exercise for my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment