Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cribbage memories.


The picture tonight is one Don took of me yesterday beside a couple of cribbage boards that were our friend, Tom Rose, made them for my mom when we were in high school. We taught Tom to play cribbage and he saw right away that the way to my mom's heart was through a cribbage board. So, bless his heart, he made these for her! The one on the left is made for 3 players because we used to have to get two boards for the 3 of us to play. The little bag hanging above it holds the pegs we use for scoring. We went and spent a couple of nights with Tom and Linda when we were in Tennessee and I mentioned these boards; he had forgotten that he'd made them for Mom! Linda suggested that I take a picture beside them for the blog so they could see them; that'll do until they can come to visit us here. I wish I had thought to take them with me when we went to see them; maybe we could have played a game! If Mom had never taught me cribbage, I probably would have never gotten math. It was my introduction to numbers. Even chemo brain hasn't ruined my ability to play cribbage! If you've never played cribbage, you have my sympathy. I thank God for good cribbage buddies like my friend Mike Buchanan, our granddaughter, Sadie, and, of course, Tom Rose. Linda, we must teach you!

Today was beautiful, here, again. We walked again, and I'm getting stronger. It was easier to walk today and we went farther than yesterday. It takes building up, I guess.

I even started some organizing, getting ready to do taxes. I have to have them all ready to do from Hawaii, so I've got to be prepared before we go and only have the last month to add to the 'mix.' I'm going to be so prepared that it's not a big issue . . . I'm determined to not let taxes ruin my whale watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment