Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Gabe!


This day, 15 years ago, Gabe was born to Trish and Rob. Today he's hunting! Wow, they grow up so quickly! Gabe has always been a delight to the world. This picture I made when he met us at the door back in the spring when we went to visit. I hope he gets a deer this weekend, but if he doesn't I know he'll have a great weekend, anyway. He really enjoys hunting, but he pretty much makes whatever he does a great thing.


This blog is supposed to be about my life as it relates to breast cancer and the recovery, so from time to time I feel like I should report on something about that. The wonderful thing is that I don't feel like I'm recovering from anything. I feel really good. The lymphedema in my arm is not a big issue. I've found that it doesn't matter if I wear the sleeve or not, so I don't wear it anymore. I'm free from the sleeve. I still do lots of exercises, but not so regimented. As long as I'm very active and use my arms a lot, I think that's plenty of exercise. I do lots of stretching still: I really believe that's important. I do my best to walk every day, but I don't walk by myself because I'm so clumsy, and I fall without Don to hold onto me. That's crazy, but it's a fact. That has nothing to do with breast cancer. However, I believe that survivors walk, so I'm walking as much as possible. I must get 20 minutes of weight bearing exercise a day, but I get that around the house with no problem! The weight bearing exercise is important to keep my bone density strong because the Arimidex I have to take for 5 years is hard on bones. All in all, I feel really good and don't feel like a patient at all. So, most of the time I don't mention the breast cancer and this blog is just about life after breast cancer and my gratitude for this life! I thank God for blessing me richly, and I thank you for caring enough to keep up with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment