Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day!


This is Floyd Johnston, a Veteran we know and love. I've mentioned him on the blog many times, and he has recently recovered from a broken hip. I wanted to report to you that he is doing very, very well. He is at home, where he lives alone, and he is doing so well. He uses his walker some, but he is able to get around his house mostly on his own. It was a difficult recovery, but he hung very tough and worked hard and he's doing so very well. Besides the broken hip, Floyd has macular degeneration and is legally blind, so it's really an accomplishment for him to be able to live alone. (He is still able to play cards, as long as we tell him what has been played!) Thank you all for your prayers. Floyd was a sailor in the US Navy during WWII. He's a wonderful friend and I thank him and all other Veterans for their service to our country.

Today was busy and church ran late tonight. I was in bed and realized I hadn't done the blog, so I'm here to say Happy Veterans Day and good night. By the way, Phil said they have changed Ruthie's medications, so they are hoping she will get better relief from her pain soon. I'll keep you updated. I thank God for making our bodies so that they respond and heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment