Friday, November 20, 2009

Playing with Ethan.


The picture tonight is one Don took of Ethan and I working on a little puzzle when we were there visiting last month. It's so fun to play with the kids. Ethan and I did this puzzle several times, and we played a lot of Rummikub. We played a lot of Concentration, too. Ethan is a real whiz at that. Kyle is great at all the card games, and Elise is, too. Elise had her agenda pretty full with basketball and homework when we were there, but those were fun times, too.

Speaking of cards; we went out to Jo Ann and Frank's house tonight and played hand and foot canasta. It was a great night for the girls because we won all three games. Sometimes we get good cards and sometimes we don't, but this was one of the good card nights. Winning is especially fun, be we always enjoy it, even if we lose.

I got a lot done today toward our Thanksgiving meals. It's fun to get some done ahead, so I can visit and enjoy everyone here more when the time comes. I think back to the days of the Pilgrims and know they didn't have it as easy as we do! I thank God for things that make life more simple for me. The refrigerator, the microwave, the dishwasher, and hot and cold running water to name a few! Wow, how blessed we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment