Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ruthie is stronger and stronger . . .


-------Tonight's picture is of me with my home ec. teacher from high school. Mrs. Anna Louise Joyce is 97, and dressed up like a witch for their halloween celebration. She's no witch, though; she's a sweetheart! I think of her with thanks every time I sew or cook.

-------Today went some better for Ruthie. She had a rough night, last night, but today we watched her walking very weakly this morning. This afternoon, she was much stronger when she walked. We were so glad to see the improvement. The consensus of the doctor, the physical therapist (and us) is that she should be released to rehab for a few days until she can get more mobile. I think they will probably send her to rehab tomorrow; however, this time yesterday we thought she'd be going home today, so we may be in for a surprise in the morning. She really did seem a lot stronger when we left this evening. Even if they won't release her tomorrow, I feel sure they will release her Friday morning because there is an opening at one of the rehabs in Paris on Friday and surely she'll be strong enough by then.

-------Don and I are doing just great. I'm so grateful that we could be here while she is in surgery. I would be at home wringing my hands over her being in the hospital this long! God is taking care of all of us. We trust His timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment