Monday, November 16, 2009

Memories from the Indiana trip.


Tonight's picture is Gina, helping Elise with her homework. Elise plays on her 4th grade basketball team and she has piles of homework every day. She's a real worker. She is very diligent and has a really good work ethic. She works until she masters the job. Besides that she is very compassionate and tender hearted. We're very proud of her and treasure the memories of times with her, too. We didn't get to watch a game, but we got to watch a practice and we were very impressed with her and her assistant coach! (Gina!)

Today has been really cold here. They predict a freeze for us tonight, so I cut all my re-bloomers. My dear friend Joan called to offer me her re-bloomers, too, so I went and got them. My dining room looks like a funeral parlor with all these huge arrangements in it. Lots of them are just buds, but maybe they'll open and be really pretty tomorrow. I really love having fresh flowers when it's so cold outside!

I worked all day on books, aiming to get all that's possible done on the taxes before we leave for Hawaii. I'll have to do my company taxes while we're there, so I've got to have all my 'ducks in a row before we leave.

Trish called today to tell me she and her family will come for Thanksgiving! That'll be fun! We can hardly wait to have them all here. We don't get all bent out of shape over holidays; we celebrate whenever we can. But, it's fun to really make one happen on the right day sometimes! I wish all the kids could come at the same time once, but it's so hard to get everyone together at the same time. We'll keep working on it and it will happen sometime. In the meantime, we thank God for whenever any of us can get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment