Sunday, November 22, 2009

The wrestler: Garrett.

Garrett had his first two matches yesterday. He almost won the first one, but, alas, he didn't. The other kid looked to be about 6 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier, so it's a wonder he didn't get squashed. He won his second match. We think that's pretty amazing for a kid who never wrestled until a few weeks ago. We're pretty impressed. That's his biggest fan, Elena, there with him. Gretta said, she and Elena nearly screamed their lungs out! Elena was screaming, "Oh, no, G!" Then "Go, G!" She's convinced her "Bubba" hung the moon for her. He would have if he could have. Garrett will be 13 in a little over a week.

Today was a great Sunday. We got to hear our awesome preacher at two church services and I heard him again at a brief devotional at the nursing home. I am so amazed that we have been so blessed to have such a talent here in Hobart, America! I wish I could repeat all he teaches, but, alas, I do well to follow. I retain some great stuff. Tonight I was in awe at his description of how we are held together by love as described in the letter to the Colossians; how even when we disagree, we pull together because of love. I sure thank God for the blessing to have him in our midst and for giving us the blessing of love.

Have a good week and think about all the love in our lives. Happy Thanksgiving week.

2 comments: